We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you the expert in digital imaging and camera systems we're looking for? We are Arm's Central Technology organisation and are responsible for trail-blazing the future technology which will keep Arm's products redefining the state-of-the-art. We need someone to lead the development of the algorithms at the heart of our future Image Signal Processors. This is an opportunity for you to lead, literally at the front-end of the dynamic Imaging and Computer Vision revolution.
What will I be accountable for?
You will be taking the lead on defining how Arm's next-generation ISPs should process pixels. You will help define what imaging problems our ISP needs to address and work out which algorithms are best employed to solve them. We need to ensure the products we build enable market leading Image Quality and Computer Vision accuracy - having the right-sized algorithms is core to that goal.
You will need to keep up-to-date with the newest technology trends in the field and apply that knowledge to craft Arm’s future camera and imaging strategy. As part of the role, you will collaborate with product marketing and understand the commercial environment in order for you to help define and prioritize technical requirements. Your broader view will enable you to work with Arm's Image Quality Assessment and Imaging Algorithm teams to set priorities and track progress of new algorithm development. Finally, you will also be on hand to help the hardware and software engineering teams as they build ISP products and delight customers.
- A deep understanding of digital cameras, image processing and computational photography.
- Having strong influencing skills is a huge plus as you'll be working in a multi-discipline team across multiple functions.
- Significant experience developing innovative technology related to cameras and imaging to have developed a strong intuition.
Desirable skills & experience
- Experience crafting imaging algorithms typical of camera pipelines.
- Tuning and optimizing camera parameters
- Understanding of ADAS & Autonomous Vehicle design
- Experience developing, evaluating and implementing Computer Vision algorithms.
- Experience developing and training Convolution Neural Networks or other ML techniques.
- Experience working with Image Sensors and related interfaces (E.g. MIPI-CSI).
- Experience building camera control algorithms, such as 3A algorithms.
- Knowledge of ASIC & hardware development methodologies.
- Strong skills working in C/C++ & Python.
- Knowledge of MatLab based modelling of image processing algorithms.
We are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary.
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual has the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK. #LI-SH1
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps