Education & Qualifications
You have a good university degree (or equivalent), ideally in a numerate subject, although other degrees would be considered if you have relevant experience.
Essential Skills & Experience
We seek individuals with strong C/C++ skills combined with a detailed understanding of the internals of computers and SoCs
You will possess and exhibit knowledge of a leading RISC based computer Architecture alongside experience of CPU architecture and familiarity with one or more CPU instruction sets
We expect you are disciplined and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a distributed team; showing a willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges
We expect a professional, enthusiastic and flexible approach to work with a flair for creative lateral thinking and problem solving with a commitment to extending the breadth and depth of your knowledge
Your strong interpersonal skills are vital for success; we are looking for excellent written and spoken English; can you write precise documentation, influence and build consensus?
Desirable Skills & Experience
Experience with Programmer’s View modelling or other hardware modelling.
Knowledge of Arm IP or architecture.
We seek experience with RTL, VHDL or Verilog
You can demonstrate a proficiency in developing software, including coding, testing, and debugging.
Your background shows experience with scripting and source control systems such as GIT/Gerrit.
We value experience working on software projects in collaboration with a large multi-site team.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.