We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Do you want to work for a company which is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Arm designs scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things. Arm has established operations in and sells into multiple locations around the world. With around 6,000 employees worldwide, Arm is a complex and dynamic IP business, presenting daily challenges to its in-house legal team. This is an exciting time to join Arm as its business continues to grow and evolve, with an opportunity to develop expertise and gain experience in an accommodating Legal team.
About the role
We are looking for a Legal Business Analyst who will play an integral role in managing legal spend, enabling legal process effectiveness, monitoring key performance targets and supporting change management programs. You will report directly to the Senior Director, Operations within Legal and will work directly with Finance and Legal budget owners to keep Legal spend in-line with budget. You will also work directly with other members of the Legal Team, as well as our Licensing and Commercial Fulfilment teams, in order to make sure that our commercial and procurement processes are effective and efficient and that we properly control against unusual risks and obligations. You will also work cross-functionally to keep various change projects on track, as well as help to track budgetary and other key performance metrics. In particular, you will administer, report out on and organise projects within Legal as we transform our working processes to drive efficiency and automation.
Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Track and manage Legal spend to ensure budgetary compliance
- Build and maintain an appropriate level of project documentation and reports that inform and track progress across the change portfolio, highlighting areas of risk and opportunity
- Continuously track and improve our commercial effectiveness and efficiency
- Monitor and document compliance against known unusual risks and obligations
- You will support informed decision-making by driving the development of metrics and reporting tools to clearly illustrate trends and analysis.
- You will deliver proactive analysis of data to better understand expected costs, current usage patterns and areas of concern, success and opportunity.
- You will identify areas for improvement and work with stakeholders to implement change whilst not compromising delivery.
- You will provide high level process mapping and project management for change initiatives internal to Legal.
- Support executive communications through use of available data and key messaging for regular KPI or other Powerpoint-style presentations.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Articulate and engaging with a highly collaborative and inclusive approach and a can-do attitude to negotiating win-win outcomes to project issues
- Able to multi-task effectively in a dynamic environment and respond to change
- Good sense of urgency and a pronounced can-do attitude
- Experience of financial management and reporting, working in a professional services environment (preferably in a Legal setting).
- Superb organisational skills with some project management experience, ideally in an Agile environment.
- Numerate, with the ability to convert complex/raw data into concise and actionable intelligence.
- Strong MS Excel & Powerpoint skills.
- Able to demonstrate a common sense, practical approach and a willingness to work both in a team and on your own initiative.
- Highly motivated and willing to drive issues through to timely conclusion.
Desirable skills and experience:
Experience or knowledge of the following would be helpful, but not essential:
- Interest in technology.
- An understanding of legal organisations, functions, administrative needs and technology requirements.
- Experience with various legal technologies (e.g. e-Billing, Matter Management, Contracts Management, Records Management and Business Intelligence tools)
Desired behaviors for this role:
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unusual culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and craft extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is needed, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and lead your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps