We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
Over its 26 years history, Arm have been the trusted partner for billions of storage devices. Storage and memory controllers vary from embedded controllers, for example eMMC/UFS that provides storage in smartphones and tablets, through HDD and SSD client controllers in laptops and PCs, to the very diverse enterprise storage solutions.
Due to the importance the storage market, Arm is continuing to build a Storage Solutions team focused on continuing the very strong growth of market share in these storage markets. Arm is looking for a hardworking Storage Solutions Manager to join this team and be responsible for understanding our partners requirements and positioning current and new Arm products into this rapidly evolving and growing market. The role provides an excellent opportunity to interact directly with the top tier storage and memory controller manufacturers and key OEM storage companies worldwide, and with all the groups within Arm focused on creating the diverse IP that has been embraced across these segments. The role will have an impact on the industry and on the product roadmaps of Arm.
The person who is selected for this exciting role will be instrumental in understanding the requirements of our partners in storage markets and proposing optimum solutions, and articulating the trade-offs between the possible diverse solutions, ensuring our partner’s long-term success. You will help drive the creation and deep understanding of storage solutions based on Arm IP that addresses these varied market segments. You will deeply analyse storage controller solutions and identify the strengths that different Arm technologies have for these different segments. To achieve the above, you will need to work closely with many people inside Arm, with Arm storage partners, and with ecosystem partners. The role requires a highly motivated and autonomous individual who is a strong communicator, a teammate and that can gain trust both from teams internally and from our partners and prospects in the market.
This new and exciting role is ideally located in Arm offices in either Hsinchu or Taipei in Taiwan, with flexibility to consider other locations.
What will I be accountable for?
- Building deep relationships with storage businesses across Asia, some of whom are global
- You will develop your expertise in these dynamic storage solution architectures
- Gain a deep understanding of Cortex-R, Cortex-M and Cortex-A processors and other technologies that have been widely embraced in storage controllers
- You will understand the Arm tools and models and how they are best used when crafting storage solutions
- You will engage with storage partners to convey deep knowledge of our products to enable them to deliver the best storage solutions as quickly as possible
- You will drive Arm product roadmaps to meet the identified market requirements
This position will be part of a newly established storage solutions team and will work with the Director of Storage Solutions, based in Cambridge UK.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- University degree Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- An understanding of storage or memory controllers or a willingness and interest to learn
- Deep semiconductor technology experience
- Knowledge of microprocessors used in embedded products
- Knowledge of SoC architectures and design
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to communicate and establish relationships with technical teams
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience creating technical presentations/articles/papers
- Willingness to travel to meet with customers and colleagues worldwide
- Product marketing experience
- Working knowledge of ARM technologies and System IP products
- Experience of storage or memory controllers
- Knowledge of the memory and storage markets
- Experience of technical customer interactions
- Embedded software development experience
- An understanding of Linux Open Source workloads
- Professional experience of SoC design and semiconductors
- Knowledge of EDA flows for implementation, system and software development
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Sick Leave, 15 days
- Statutory Social Benefits:
- Pension fund
- Labour & National Health Insurance
- Commercial Benefits:
- Medical & Travel
- Annual Health Check
- Holiday, 21 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, mobile phone purchase, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Hsinchu Design Center is home to engineers primarily supporting the CPU, Physical Design, Partner Enablement and Sales divisions that work closely with key partners MediaTek and TSMC. Hsinchu is located a quick 30 minute bullet train ride away southwest of Taipei and similar to Taipei, the city offers an abundance of delicious and cheap food as well as plenty of outdoor activities.
Arm Taiwan Ltd. HDC Branch
4F., No.5, Gongye E.
7th Rd., East Dist.,
Hsinchu City 300
See on Google maps