We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm Education, Research are Hiring! How would you like to play a key role in influencing computer engineering curricula in thousands of colleges and universities worldwide? And how would you like to play a similar role in shaping up the future of professional education, and help address the growing skills gap in computer engineering worldwide?
We are seeking a Director of Higher and Professional Education with the expertise to lead our Arm University Program and our digital publishing operation for professional and higher education namely Arm Education Media. In this role, you will work closely with Arm business partners as well as other stakeholders from the higher and professional education ecosystem, including government and the third sector, to meet clear Arm and partner objectives.
You will be responsible for the strategic planning, requirements gathering, product and service roadmap development and execution, as well as partner management. Working in partnership is part of the Arm DNA, and this role is no exception as you will develop and nurture successful partnerships in support of the overall strategy and plans.
With an ultimate objective of linking the world of education to the needs of the modern job market, you will help equip students and Faculty, learners and educators, across the globe, with academically-rigorous and industry-informed knowledge and skills that command the recognition and esteem of both industry and academia.
Click here to learn more about Arm University Program and Arm Education Media
What will you be accountable for?
- You will lead the development and management of Arm University Program and Arm Education Media’s strategies and plans
- You will identify market needs, develop product and service roadmaps to meet these needs, and work with various internal and external partners, including the educational content and technology team within Arm Education, to execute on these roadmaps
- You will design and develop standard high-level customer service flows, in consultation with the operations team, to process customer requests effectively and efficiently and build lifetime customer relationships
- You will establish, develop and maintain partnership networks for the effective deployment and marketing of various educational products and services
- You will lead the overall development of marketing strategies and plans for Arm University Program and Arm Education Media to meet ambitious growth critical metrics
- You will work with various partners including the marketing and operations teams within Arm and its ecosystem partners to develop and execute on marketing plans effectively
- You will lead the growth demands and ensure products and services are aligned with customer expectations as well as the strategic direction of Arm and its ecosystem partners
- You will track, monitor and report regularly on programs’ critical metrics
- You will communicate to internal and external partners on programs’ strategies, plans, processes and methodologies and be an advocate for the programs internally and externally
- You will stay on top of the latest developments in educational research and development, trends and practices
- You will actively lead and refine programs’ strategies and plans to improve efficiency, quality, and effectiveness
What essential skills and experience will you need?
We are seeking a candidate that has previously developed and led a successful higher and professional education program in the technology sector with the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Validated industry experience in successful partnership development and management
- Experience in formulating strategies and implementing plans for higher and professional education programs
- Ability to negotiate and close complex deals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills exhibited at executive, management and academic levels
- Strong commercial awareness and business skills
- Strong people management skills
- Team oriented but able to work independently while understanding and performing the role in the context of the wider team and international organization
- Ability to communicate customer and partner requirements effectively to an internal company audience
- Ability to prioritize workloads to meet tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Ability to craft, aggregate and analyze useful data and synthesize useful information with actionable insights
- Reporting and forecasting skills
- Self-motivated, critical thinker, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Academic experience at university/college level
- Higher education publishing experience
- A degree in computer science, electrical and electronic, computer engineering or related discipline
- Deep knowledge of Arm and Arm-based architectures and technologies
- A qualification in education-related field
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We Not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is critical, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps