We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and the transformation of industries and society. As such, we are very keen on enabling educators and learners worldwide to access state-of-the-art technologies and tools from the vast Arm ecosystem, to produce the next generation of engineers needed for our increasingly connected and intelligent world.
We are now seeking an expert Engineering Manager to lead the development of a wide range of educational content and technology products and services destined for the computer engineering communities in academia and beyond. These includes Education Kits, online courses and automatic assessment tools.
In this role, you will work closely with internal and external stakeholders including Arm business partners to meet clear Arm and partner objectives.
You will lead a team of engineers to deliver on product roadmaps with strict quality, time and cost requirements. You will also own the maintenance of the developed products to ensure they are always state-of-the-art and of the highest possible quality. Working in partnership is part of the Arm DNA, and this role is no exception as you will liaise with program managers, operations and marketing teams from across Arm and its ecosystem partners.
With the ultimate objective of better linking the world of education to the needs of the modern job market, your role is vital in equipping students and Faculty, learners and educators, from across the globe, with knowledge and skills that command the recognition and esteem of both industry and academia.
What will you be accountable for?
- You will lead a team of hardware and software engineers to develop a range of academically-rigorous and industry-informed educational products and services
- You will maintain educational content, software and hardware in response to partner needs and the latest pedagogical and technological developments
- You will manage a team that will provide technical support to partners and customers, related to our products
- You will develop and implement automated and semi-automated collaborative software and publishing flows that improve the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of our product engineering
- You will help identify market needs, stay on top of the latest developments in education technology, and embrace state-of-the-art practices from across the industry
- You will track, monitor and report regularly on key product development critical metrics
- You will communicate to internal and external partners on educational content and technology plans, processes and methodologies and be an advocate for these internally and externally
- You will contribute to the wider marketing and operations effort in Arm Education
What essential skills and experience will you need?
- Prior successful experience in leading engineering teams to deliver complex products, especially software, on time, cost and to set quality standards
- Ability to choose between various software and hardware platforms and technologies to deliver effective and efficient educational materials and platforms that meet clearly-set learning outcomes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Commercial awareness and business skills
- Strong people management skills
- Team oriented but able to work independently while understanding and performing the role in the context of the wider team and international organization
- Ability to communicate engineering concerns to a non-technical audience
- Ability to prioritize engineering decisions to meet tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Reporting and forecasting skills
- Ambitious, critical thinker, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Experience in designing and developing machine learning and deep learning systems
- A postgraduate degree in computer science, electrical and electronic, computer engineering or related discipline
- Teaching or training experience
- Deep knowledge of Arm and Arm-based architectures and technologies
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We Not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is critical, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps