We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are building a new team at Arm in the area of actionable insights and we are looking for AI Developers to join our team in Manchester.
If you want to make a difference by delivering solutions to the real world and work at the cutting edge of software development (plus add to your Cloud and AI skills portfolio) then I encourage you to read on...
As a Full Stack AI Developer in our team, you will:
- Use your on-device firmware capabilities to establish device reference platforms targeting a variety of different use cases.
- Create messaging integrations to equip a connected AI ecosystem with the ability to adapt to change and support rapid growth.
- Build integrations between Cloud Technologies, IoT Devices & Artificial Intelligence solutions as part of our high-performing development team focused on the real-world implementation of AI solutions.
- Solve the technical challenges involved in creating applied AI software and build solutions which meet our robust requirements for stability, auditability and control.
This is an opportunity to be part of building a greenfield capability within a mature and successful company in a truly cutting edge and exciting area of technology in a new and growing market.
You will be a creative, positive and adaptable software professional with a strong development background, ideally some experience of hardware design and awareness of leading AI & Machine learning methodologies.
What skills, experience and qualifications will you need?
- You will demonstrate a good understanding of technologies which are meaningful and applicable to On-Device AI, IoT, Agile, DevOps & Security.
- You will show a growing understanding of AI technologies, particularly those relevant to Video & Audio.
- You will embrace DevOps CI/CD Pipelines and be energised by working towards intra-day release cycles.
- You will possess strong analytical and creative problem-solving abilities and be able to design functioning implementations of AI enabled solutions
You will have experience in a number of the following technologies…
- C / C++ and/or Python and/or Rust and/or Go.
- Embedded Linux application and device driver development.
- Embedded Linux firmware build management tools, e.g. Yocto/OpenEmbedded, Buildroot etc.
- Digital circuit design and/or FPGA design.
- Streaming / Messaging solutions e.g. ZeroMQ, MQTT, RabbitMQ etc.
- Software Development Kit and API development and productization.
Are you excited by those responsibilities? Are you a fit for those requirements? Could you demonstrate that during an interview? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK. #LI-SH1
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps