We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm offers IC designers a wide range of choices from its broad portfolio of Artisan memory products. The Artisan high-performance, high-density, low-power and ultra-low power memories are optimized for each silicon technology. ARM products have been used in circuits running as fast as 3GHz+ and are in production or development at cutting edge semiconductor processes for various foundries and IDMs.
About the role
Our memory development group comprises some of the industry’s leading experts in deep submicron circuit design and design for manufacturing (DFM) techniques. This position is a rare opportunity for a digital circuit professional to work with the world’s most successful circuit and layout team with exposure to a wide variety of design rules from leading edge foundries.
What will I be accountable for?
Responsibilities would include but are also not limited to:
- Contribute in all parts of Advance Product Memory development flow, starting at design spec
- Understand Memory design and development, analyze memory marginality in advance technology (28nm and beyond)
- Understand and perform circuit design, memory characterization, and related verifications needed for the memories to work seamlessly in CPUs and SOCs
- Experiment with and evaluate new memory architectures and methodologies
- Work with other key designers to continually define, improve and develop memory infrastructure and methods
- Ensure high quality and high performance memory designs with the lowest possible power as needed for ARM CPUs, GPUs, and SOCs.
- Lead small teams of circuit and layout designers throughout the entire memory development process
- Provide mentoring and leadership to other designers on the team
- Define and drive improvements in the memory development infrastructure and flows
- Work with project management to define schedules and highlight risks and issues
Interact with customers as needed throughout the course of the memory development
Essential Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant circuit design experience (for BSEE)
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant circuit design experience (for MSEE)
- Memory circuit design experience
- Circuit/Layout experience with deep submicron technologies (28nm or smaller)
- Fundamental understanding of technology tradeoffs in deep sub-micron design
- Fundamental understanding of Design for Manufacturability (DFM) layout techniques
- Experience in low power circuit techniques
- Experience leading small teams to develop high performance, low power memories
- Experience mentoring other engineers
- Experience defining and driving key methodologies for high performance, low power memory development
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience working with place & route chip design tools
- Experience with layout automation tools as well as physical verification tools like Calibre and Hercules.
- Experience working with DFM tools like Calibre LFD, PrimeYield, etc.
- Experience with other EDA tools such as Design Compiler, IC Compiler, PrimeTime, SoC Encounter, Pacific, Nanosim, Pathmill, Spectre, HSPICE, HSIM, Finesim, etc.
- Programming or scripting experience
- Coding, modifying, or reading DRC/LVS runsets
Weare an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant foremployment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At Arm we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary :
We Not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global ARM community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Noida office features staff almost entirely from the Physical Design team. Adjacent to India’s capital New Delhi, Noida (an acronym for New Okhla Industrial Development Authority) is home to a myriad of tech companies and educational facilities dedicated to high tech training. A few hours drive from Noida is the world famous Taj Mahal, a grand white marble mausoleum and UNESCO World Heritage site.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
8th Floor, Tower C
Logix Cyber Park, C28 & 29, Sector 62
Noida - 201309
Uttar Pradesh, India