We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
Do you have a passion for improving how front-end microelectronic hardware design is done? This is a rare opportunity to join a new team focusing on designer efficiency.
We are looking for hardware engineers with experienced of CPU, GPU, SOC or Systems component design or verification that also feel driven to improve the flows, tools and practices used by our teams. You may not be a methodology engineer today, but you will be able to demonstrate you have an eye for innovation and creative problem solving and give examples of where you have influenced methodology for your team. What will I be accountable for?
You will join our Engineering Methodology group to focus on designer efficiency. We are a small team who develop and improve the tools, and workflows Arm uses to craft CPUs, GPUs and System IP products in Austin and around the world. Specifically, you will:
- Work with diverse teams of engineers across Arm to improve the microarchitecture, RTL design and verification workflows that are essential to efficient delivery of hardware products
- Developing innovative scripts, checkers, flows and other automation to simplify and speed-up the design process from conception through to and including synthesis
- Contribute to Arm's design standards and guidelines
- Explore techniques to enable ever-higher levels of design reuse
- Help evaluate (hands on) EDA tools that could make an impact to our team's efficiency
What skill, experience and qualifications do you need?
What might make you especially suited to the role?
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A minimum of 7years of experience in System IP, SOC, Microprocessor or GPU design or verification
- Examples of leading innovating to improve widely used flows or practices
- History working with Verilog/SystemVerilog
- Strong scripting/programming skills (Python, Perl, TCL, C/C++/Java or equivalents)
Desired behaviors for this role:
- Experience with Git/Gerrit/Jenkins or similar
- Experience with Continuous Integration or DevOps strategies
- A natural inclination to persuade not push when introducing new concepts
- Experience leading small teams (This isn't an immediate requirement, but the role has the potential to grown to where this would be useful.)
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps