We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the Role
Arm offers IC designers a wide range of choices from its broad portfolio of Artisan memory products. As a Memory Design Enablement Engineer you are a team member of our Physical Design Group (PDG). Your main contributions are the enhancement, development, and validation of various memory designs, verification tools and methodologies. As an integral part of this small and influential team; we will setup and enable our memory design teams across multiple sites; to deliver high performance, low power memory designs. This is your opportunity to analyze and validate memory flows, tackle complex methodology problems, and devise new techniques for improving memory development. In addition, you are responsible for methodology/flow improvements from the specification stage through to deployment and validation. Arm Artisan products have been used in circuits running as fast as 3GHz+ and are in processes development or production with groundbreaking semiconductor foundries and IDMs.
What will I be accountable for?
- Analyze and document key foundry-provided PDK characteristics as needed by the design team. Analysis would include key characteristics such as bitcell write margin, bitcell read stability, device characteristics, and interconnect parasitics.
- Setup and maintain tools and flows required for the memory development team.
- Run and analyze industry-standard memory simulation tools to debug simulator issues and optimize tool settings for runtime and accuracy.
- Create scripts and tools as needed to be used by our memory design teams to improve productivity.
- Create specifications for new tools and methodologies, lead the implementation, and validate enhancements made by our design automation team.
- Interact, communicate, and collaborate with our various other internal teams to drive the development of the tools and flows.
- Communicate with EDA vendors to drive tool debug and enhancements for various process nodes.
- Communicate with memory designers to understand their challenges and address their methodology requirements.
- Review existing processes and methodologies and identify areas for improvements.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- A minimum of 2+ years of relevant industry experience required + Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering. Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years of experience relevant to the role will be considered.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent coding skills (Unix/Perl/Makefiles/tcl/skill).
- Excellent Debugging skills (Back End, Simulation, parasitic extraction).
- Experience with industry standard EDA tools for memory design and analysis from Cadence/Mentor/Synopsys.
- Strong understanding of SRAM memory operation. Knowledge of memory design, development, verification flows, and memory layout- practical experience preferred.
- Experience with aging modeling and variation modeling methodologies, preferred.
- Understanding of EM and IR drop analysis, preferred.
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
- Success in the global marketplace
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps