We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This role presents an excellent opportunity to move into Machine Learning (ML), the key development for the future of computing. Working on the state of the art ML techniques, you will be helping to design the software and hardware that powers the next generation of mobile apps, portable devices, home automation, smart cities, self-driving cars, and much more.
You will have the chance to work in a multi-discipline team to explore existing, and develop new, machine learning techniques. Understanding how they are then applied with more “classic” techniques to solve real world problems with machine learning.
There are opportunities to deep dive into network architectures and their most subtle inner workings, and share and present findings with colleagues across the business.
About the role
We’re looking for a machine learning developer with hands on experience in one or more of the major ML frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch) and ideally experience deploying inference in a mobile or embedded environment. Knowledge of the theory and concepts involved in ML is also important.
Your role will be to develop a deep understanding of neural network architectures, which networks should run on which part of the platform, and catalogue this information to guide the way we build new products. The initial focus will be on the network architectures themselves, understanding their complexity, and building proof of concept solutions on how to run them.
The ideal person is someone with a keen interest in keeping an organised view of a wide range of different problems, understanding and resolving any unknown details, and providing a clear view of the different options for solving each problem and their trade-offs.
Essential skills and experience:
- Using Tensorflow and PyTorch
- Running inference on machine learning frameworks
- Training and debugging neural networks
- A good understanding of Python
- We’re interested in computer vision, audio processing for automatic speech recognition and natural language understanding, translation and many other areas where ML is being employed. This includes CNNs, RNNs and LSTMs along with some more future looking architectures.
- Experience with the inner workings of Tensorflow or Tensorflow Lite
- Experience with the inner workings of PyTorch and Caffe
- Reasonable experience with C++
- You have experience with classical image processing and neural networks
- You have familiarity in developing compute-intensive applications and ideally would have industry experience of product development
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- Seek diverse views and involve others - brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength - widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions - stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Take responsibility for your ongoing development, and facilitate development of those you lead
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Opening Date: 12/06/2019
Closing Date: 10/07/2019
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps