We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Joining Arm as a Design Verification Engineer, you will work as a member of the System IP team focusing on next-generation IPs used in products like self-driving cars, 5G mobile phones, and cloud computing. Your work will influence high-end mobile, enterprise and automotive markets in our Arm ecosystem. Our team contributes to the specification, planning and coding of UVM based testbenches for verifying high-performing, energy-efficient system components such as interconnects, controllers and other IP used in servers, autonomous vehicles and 5G wireless devices. Through this opportunity you will be able to push through the boundaries of your technical knowledge relating to leading-edge coherent interconnects, such as multi-chip and IO acceleration. You will gain expertise in FuSa (functional safety) automotive standards and verification challenges introduced by 5G technology. Collaboration with our other Austin-based CPU and System IP engineering teams will lead Arm to high quality IP that integrates into a complete system.
What will I be accountable for?
Our team owns the design verification for one or more functional blocks, and we are responsible for the quality of delivery throughout all related engineering project phases such as:
- Develop System Verilog/UVM testbenches for the block-level, functional verification of units within Arm System IP, such as our Coherent Mesh Network.
- Build and maintain detailed verification plans.
- Generate and run test cases on logic simulation models.
- Debug functional errors in the RTL model, using simulation and debug tools with an in-depth understanding of the architecture and RTL design of Arm's System IP.
- Define and implement functional coverage and improve the testbench to ensure coverage closure.
- Analysis of data from simulation runs using machine learning and data science techniques to drive efficient bug discovery and debug.
- Promote and demonstrate the Arm core beliefs and behaviors.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 5-10+ years of experience in pre-silicon verification/RTL design.
- Multiprocessing microarchitecture experience including knowledge of cache coherence and bus protocols (e.g. AMBA5 CHI, AMBA4 ACE or AXI).
- Previous experience in specification, creation, and debug of System Verilog/UVM constrained-random testbenches.
- Proven software engineering skills including understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience with functional coverage driven verification methods.
- Proficiency with the analysis of simulation data using latest machine learning and data science methodologies.
- Excellent working knowledge of scripting languages such as Python or Perl
- Experience in Formal Verification testbenches is a plus.
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps