We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you looking for an exciting and meaningful role on the cutting edge of mobile GPU technology? Do you want to utilize your technical and leadership skills to improve the most popular phone products all over the world? Then the Customer Engineering Team is the right place for you. This is a global team with creative talents, comprised of UK/Cambridge, Norway/Trondheim and China/Shanghai.
We are seeking a forward-thinking and enthusiastic Software Engineer who holds knowledge about graphics and GPU drivers, to develop with the latest yet-to-be-published Android versions and help craft the technologies in the mobile/automotive market. Work seamlessly with Mali GPU customers with state of the art tools to identify bottleneck and optimize to the best.
The opportunity is a great chance to gain experience, such as:
- Working on flagship devices with the world's most successful mobile companies
- Take the skills you have developed in early engineering career and see them used in a wider business context.
- Become part of and be supported by a team of high performing experts
What will I be accountable for?
- Developing the high-level graphics APIs of our Mali driver: OpenGL ES 3.x, EGL, and Vulkan.
- Working with some of the biggest names in the consumer electronics space on their latest and the greatest platforms.
- Integrate and optimise our software into their flagship devices to show the world what Mali can do.
- Work with Game Engines which improve the mobile gaming performance
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need to be considered?
- You hold hands-on experience with Graphics API such as OpenGL ES and/or Vulkan and/or EGL Khronos APIs.
- You are an expert in C and/or C++ and Algorithms.
- You are proficient in problem solving and debugging
- You are a passionate learner who is enjoying new technologies.
- You possess good oral and written English communication skills as well as having an excellent team working skillset.
- You enjoy working directly with customers as a technology Jedi.
- Be prepared to travel occasionally during critical project stages.
It would be great if you also had some of the following:
- A track-record of working on successful consumer electronics devices.
- You have experience in large, multi-site software development projects.
- Exposure to VR/AR related projects.
- Experience optimising graphics applications and you understand challenges of that work.
- Appreciation of Wayland and related mechanisms.
- Experience with tuning and optimising memory and power constrained embedded software.
- You hold an understanding of Linux development environments.
- Knowledge of full Software life-cycle including specification design, test and documentation.
- Experience of Agile software development.
About the GPU Team
In the GPU Team you will be working alongside the best engineers in the world, making market leading products for the world’s most successful companies.
With applications in mobile, machine learning, Internet of Things, automotive, security, and embedded devices, your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Our product portfolio includes Graphics, Image, Display and Video IP and our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping Graphics Processor.
We are a global team, working across numerous sites and cultures and we are entering a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
Please take a look at the following video to see what it's like to work in Arm: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are hiring for multiple positions
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps