We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Passionate about building the foundations of a world-class cyber-physical security framework to safeguard a global tech company from the latest cyber-physical threats substantial security and resilience needs? Arm Ltd is seeking a passionate, knowledgeable Security and Compliance Analyst to work across our business as it expands its current and evolving cloud-based activities.
This post provides an exciting chance to create a significant impact on a fast-growing, state of the art technology company. It forms the basis of Arm's secure identity business. As Arm expands this foundation to support an exciting future, we need an enthusiastic person who can work with the team and others across the organization to enhance and maintain the units strong well-rounded compliance posture. This is a forward-thinking opportunity in a new challenging and exciting environment where a hybrid of development and (security) compliance skills are required.
You will travel ~5-10%.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic team member. If thinking creatively, being surrounded by smart, passionate, interesting people, and building new things, we have the job for you! The Security and Compliance (SC) team is responsible for ensuring that our business uses a risk-based approach to this whole area within every aspect of the cyber-physical environment.
What will I be accountable for?
- You will perform operational security tasks and assist in tracking changes in threats, vulnerabilities, impacts and control effectiveness
- An important aspect is your participation with key relationships and work with other teams and departments, including Enterprise Risk Management, Engineering, Internal Audit, Operations, etc.
- Ability to maintain and to develop SC documentation and associated toolsets, including security risk register with assessment outputs, security operating procedures and product assurances
- You will monitor process effectiveness, measurement and optimization including Change Management/Transformation and Incident Management
- You will prepare reports and presentations on our cutting edge security and compliance regime, and the security risk program
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- You need a relevant BA/BSc degree preferably a computer science or similar, and/or vocational qualification (or are actively working towards) CISSP/CISM/ISO27001 auditor etc.
- Some experience or equivalent – such as working in government environment e.g. MOD with JSP440 or certified organisation would be useful
- Awareness of the security domain and/or resilience domain, risk management, and compliance/regulatory frameworks requirements e.g. IS27001, PCI-DSS, GSMA, NIST, GDPR etc.
- Some experience of asynchronous programming, a scripting language, a working knowledge of Linux, cloud technologies/environments, and with know-how on virtualization and containerization technologies e.g. Docker, Kubernetes would also be useful
- Awareness of service management methodologies e.g. ITIL is a bonus
- You would be expected to be agile, creative, dynamic, flexible, a self-starter, with excellent interpersonal skills and strong analytical that can quickly prioritise and eye-for-detail skills.
Due to the nature of the work, it is important that you are driven to succeed in a highly technical, goal / deadline orientated product development environment. Good communication skills are key, as there will be frequent interaction with other members of the development team locally and in other parts of the world.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape outstanding:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is critical, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The ARM Belfast office is comprised of software developers working in our Systems and Software group developing the provisioning and commissioning capability for our next generation embedded SIM technology. The ARM Belfast office is located in the heart of Belfast city centre a short walk from local shops and restaurants.
Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK
Suite 212, Arthur House
41 Arthur Street