We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm CPU group team based in Cambridge, UK is pursuing continuous growth and we’re looking for a Safety Lead to work on the next generation Core development.
We have produced some of the company’s most successful products with processors designed by this group being shipped in billions of designs in use all over the world, from smartphones and tablets to AI applications, IoT and automotive systems. This team has been responsible for developing processors from high-end A-class parts such as the Cortex-A53 (the Arm’s first 64 bit processor) and Cortex-A55 paired with DynamIQ technology (providing safe, fast and efficient complex data processing for AI) to R-class real-time processors such as Cortex-R52, Arm’s most advanced processor for safety, and microcontrollers in the M-class series such as the Cortex-M0+ and Cortex-M33 among others. With the growth of the Automotive sector, we are responsible for developing cores suitable for ‘ASIL D’ applications and require Functional Safety Leads willing to contribute to the successful development of these products.
As Functional Safety Lead these will be your responsibilities:
- You will make sure we follow the right processes for functional safety support, and the resulting product will be fit for purpose to be used in safety-related licensee designs.
- You will ensure that the Arm Functional safety process is implemented in an effective way through timely reviews and assessments.
- You will integrate activities required for safety and documentation on the development.
- You will lead safety-related activities to all engineers working on the project.
- You will be in charge of guaranteeing that the project personnel involved on safety tasks get proper training/mentoring/coaching so that they can successfully complete these tasks.
- You will monitor the proper completion of required activities, such as safety analyses, requirements tracking and additional reviews.
- You will help managing project risks associated to safety activities.
- You will actively manage risk mitigation for safety activities.
- You will identify and report project safety issues and concerns to the CPG Functional Safety Manager.
In order to be successful to this role, we need you to have both technical and leadership skills, able to communicate at different level of the organization.
If you are as creative, innovative and enthusiastic about new technologies as we are, we encourage you to apply and become part of our team. Our engineers build products providing world-class performance and low power.
We are an equal opportunity multi-cultural multi-site employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Essential skills and experience:
- Leadership skills in process execution, requirements tracking, risk analysis.
- Ability to understand/drive/challenge technical solutions.
- Experience in HW development ( >5 years).
- Competence in digital design/hardware description languages, such as VHDL or Verilog/SystemVerilog.
- Creativity and ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Good inter-personal and teamwork skills.
- Used to work in multi-site environment.
- Experience of working in a functional safety related development project (applying standards such as ISO 26262 and/or IEC 61508).
Desired skills and experience:
- Good understanding of all stages of the design cycle: initial concept, specification, implementation, verification, documentation and support
Education & Qualifications :
- You will have a good university degree, ideally in electronic engineering or computer science.
We not I
Real passion for progress
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global ARM community thrive
- No individual has right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is essential, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Be your brilliant self
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and lead your own progress
ARM is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package.
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse organisation of dedicated, creative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a dynamic, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unrivaled contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps