We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Do you have a passion for CPUs or Microarchitecture? As CPU Benchmarking Engineer, your role consists of creating, modifying, characterising and running workloads to assess the performance of A & R-class processors and cache systems.
You will work in collaboration with other Cambridge based engineering teams, directly contributing to the micro-architectural investigations and definition of Arm’s next generation processors.
- You will be able to develop and build software in C
- You are self-motivated and have a real passion for understanding of the fundamentals of CPU and system architecture
- You will be interested in assessing and improving the performance of processor systems
- You will be able to work independently with minimal guidance.
- You are creative and able to bring new ideas to the team.
- You have gained programming skills in C or C++
- You are experienced in cross-compilation techniques
- You understand the habits of Linux environment and open source tools
- You have worked in a benchmarking or performance analysis role and have some understanding of processor microarchitecture and how it affects system performance.
- You understand multi-processor architectures and memory systems in modern SoC’s
Ideally you might also have knowledge or experience in the following areas:
- CPU Performance analysis
- CPU benchmarking using industry standard benchmarks
- Compilers and code generation
- CPU or System modelling
- Python and Perl scripting
- Arm assembly language
- Hardware emulators
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how
we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
ARM is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps