We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This role presents a fantastic opportunity to move into Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, key technologies for the future of computing. Working on the cutting edge of Arm IP, you will be creating technology that powers the next generation of mobile apps, portable devices, home automation, smart cities, self-driving cars, and much more.
About the role
Arm is entering a new growth phase to develop innovative technologies and products for existing and new markets. To do this we need talented and motivated people to join our global team. At Arm you will work with the world’s best companies as they build sector-leading products from our designs. You’ll share ideas with and learn new skills from the best engineers in the world. We work in small teams, so your contributions will make a difference. This role offers you the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
What will I be accountable for?
As a hardware engineer, you'll be part of a growing and highly talented design team focusing on our Machine Learning and Neural Network IP. Working closely with colleagues from other international design centres, you will support the design and verification of Arm’s next generation IP, utilizing the latest methodologies and technology.
More than anything else, you need a willingness to absorb as much as possible about this new frontier. Given the impact and reach of this field, you’ll be encouraged to share this knowledge with other engineers across the company. This is centred around promoting and demonstrating the Arm core beliefs and behaviours.
Education & Qualifications
- Working towards or recently completed university degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or a related field. Please include your University Transcript (Grade sheet) to your application together with your English CV!
- Hands-on experience of machine learning and neural networks would be very useful, but not critical.
Skills & Experience
- RTL design experience
- Experience in functional debug of errors in the RTL model.
- Experience in the specification, creation, and debug of System Verilog/UVM constrained-random testbenches.
- Good software engineering skills including understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Perl, Tcl, Python.
- Assembly language for Arm or other architectures.
- Capable of working as a team player or independently.
- High degree of initiative and a proven problem solver.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken.
- Good communicator, personable and able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level.
- Desire to continuously develop skills and accept a variety of responsibilities and challenges.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Compulsory pension plan
- Insurance Package (travel, life, disability, health)
- Holiday, 6 weeks annual leave extending the normal five weeks given by Swedish Holiday Act
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, parental leave, contribution to physical training, team and seasonal social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Lund office is comprised of hardware and software developers working with Media Processing and with LPWAN (Low-Power Wide-Area Network) technology. Media Processing team develops tomorrow’s embedded Mali™ Video and Graphics technology and products while the WBU/LPWAN team develops tomorrow's family of Arm standards-based low-power wireless IP´s named Cordio®-N. The office is located in the vibrant Öresund region in the south of Sweden offering plenty of nature, city life, or natural experiences, alongside with Lund University and a range of tech companies.