We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
How would you like to join Arm’s Automotive line of business at a time of great change within the industry? We are seeking a Senior Performance Analysis Engineer to join the Vehicle Architecture and Systems Analysis team.
A competitive system solution will strike a fine balance between performance and power consumption. As part of the team, you will provide compelling benchmarking data and work load analysis to enable partners to make an informed choice of system architecture. This data will be a combination of synthetic and real-life workloads. You will work closely with partners as they develop their Autonomous systems around Arm architecture and support them in their own development to ensure they produce the most efficient system to optimise performance within a specified power and thermal budget.
Together with our dedicated team you will:
Carry out detailed analysis of automotive based workloads; working closely with Arm’s partners to ensure that their software runs best on Arm based systems.
Provide benchmark data to partners to allow comparison between Arm based systems and competition.
Produce detailed reports documenting your findings and sharing your learning with internal and external parties.
Collaborate with tools vendors, both internal and external, to ensure the eco system is in place to support partners.
Identify areas for potential improvement in both Autonomous software and hardware
Collaborate with IP design teams in ARM and with external partners to improve Arm-based products
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer engineering, or in a related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing software for complex systems
- Experience and understanding in Arm architecture, Operating systems, SoC architecture, System architecture
- Deep understanding on Linux internals as well good working knowledge of compilation tools
- Fluent with C/C++ programming and scripting (e.g. Python)
- Experience with compilation tools and debugging issues with the source code
- Knowledge of Arm processor architecture
- Knowledge of performance analysis tools and methodologies
- High-level knowledge of computer architecture including translation, caching, IO devices, DRAM, etc. .
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Dedicated and self-motivated
- Willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We Not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is critical, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps