We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm architects the pervasive intelligence that is transforming our daily experience. Our chips and device architectures orchestrate the performance of the technology that makes modern life possible. For the past 25 years, we have been at the forefront of innovation in collaboration with our partners and customers bringing ground-breaking technology to market. Arm-based chips are integrated into millions of devices annually.
Our vision is of increase purpose and meaning and we are growing to meet our vision of a secure, integrated and hyper-connected world.
Do you have a passion building highly performant, flexible and reusable web applications/components? Can you make valuable contributions through simplification and automation? Do you think about the users and consumers, over the technology and features?
We are hiring talented and creative full-stack web technologist to build and support our new customer focused applications and web components platform. We are seeking talented engineers with:
- An ability to develop both the front end and back end services
- Solid experience of API development, integration, cloud (preferably Azure) and server-side technologies
- Emphasis on automation, automation, automation!
- Experienced working in small high-performing, self-starting team aligned to non-technical product owners
About the role
- You will be designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable front-end applications and backend systems / web services
- You will assemble, distil and translate highly-complex visual designs and business needs into clean, usable and understandable solutions
- You will contribute to defining and setting optimal standards and patterns
- You will craft solutions with influencing performance of microservices
- You understand and articulate the team's point of view in broader context
Desirable Skills & Experience
- You have advanced knowledge of HTML5, CSS, ECMA 6 or Typescript and principles of responsive design
- Strong Front-End Framework Architecture and how to use and optimize them.
- Backend application and API development experience ideally in Mulesoft. C# and / or Java is highly desireable
- You build tested code, which operates within our CI / CD pipeline (Git / GitFlow, Jenkins, Selenium, JMeter / Blaze Meter)
- Experience with cache technology (Memcached, Redis)
- Solid grasp of coding standards and guidelines for various languages and a desire to craft beautiful code.
- You have deep understanding of REST, how to effective build and run APIs.
- You are able to independently translate designs (e.g. wireframes, mockups, and requirements documents) to engineering teams.
- You understand key principles of design thinking, what it is and why it is important, and how technology can be used in the process to explore all possibilities regardless of their source.
- You can translate user-centered design requirements into technical implementations for projects.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps