We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Architecture and Technology Group (ATG) at Arm is responsible for the Arm architectural roadmap, along with supporting technologies and products. As design complexity increases, the verification effort often over shadows the design effort. Random stimulus generation based on Random Instruction Sequence (widely recognized as RIS) is an effective and efficient approach for verifying corner cases that are hard to envision. The AT-RIS team which is part of Architecture and Technology group is responsible for development of RIS technology solution for flushing most obscure design bugs of Arm core. The ATRIS team works across all profiles of Core Arm architecture (Application, Real Time and Microcontroller) and CPUs that implement these architectures addressing wide range of markets from big application processors for High Performance computing to the smallest microcontrollers for Internet of Things. Engineers in this team need to possess good understanding of Processor and Memory architecture, and software skills
Role & Responsibilities
- Be one of the RIS experts supporting the design verification across the globe to help Arm achieve its design goals.
- Evangelize RIS technology across Arm Processor Group and external partners
- Effective Verification of Arm CPU IPs by strengthening the verification environment
- Activities include but not limited to are
- Creating interesting RIS stimulus to target testing of specific areas of Arm architecture and micro-architecture
- Work closely with the RIS tool team to influence the features and capabilities to make them state of the art and best in class.
- Gaining an in-depth understanding of the various profiles of Arm architectures so that you can support new architectural updates with targeted test stimuli
- Design and development of verification testbench and components needed for effective verification.
- Support the global Arm partnership to get the best out of the Arm RIS tools and framework.
Characteristics & Requirements
- Take ownership in problem solving in critical areas for the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and willing to take up additional responsibilities to grow as a team’s pivotal member and play a key role for its success
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Quick learner and a strong desire to learn new skills/approaches
Qualification & Experience
- Btech/B.S. or MTech/M.S. in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or Electronics Engineering
- 4+ Years of experience in pre-silicon design verification
- In-depth knowledge of processor architecture
- Exposure to assembly language programming
- Experience with Design Verification/validation best practices such as Test Plan development, Testbench development and measurable execution thereof.
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Perl or Python
- Experience in IP verification and methodologies, preferably processor verification skills
- Familiarity with Arm architectures
- Good Programming skills and some knowledge on C models and compiler tools
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.
See on Google maps