We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team where your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo? This is an amazing opportunity to influence mobile GPU products and technology that millions of people will use around the globe years ahead of the product release.
The tools and software you create will be used by both internal and external users across SW and HW divisions for performance analysis, product integration, HW functional and performance validation and GPU conformance for key benchmark and content.
We seeks highly skilled and motivated engineers to join an Agile software development team within our GPU division. Working on the next generation Mali™ mobile GPUs and the latest yet-to-be-published Android versions, you will help shape the technologies that the mobile market will see in years to come.
Please have a look at the following video to see what it's like to work in GPU: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
What are you involved in?
You will work closely with the multi-disciplined engineering teams across our global design centres developing drivers and the instrumentation needed for graphics and computer performance analysis. Your challenge as the senior in the team, is to drive the creation of the framework to analyse a system executing millions of operations per second across both hardware and software.
You are responsible for the Mali GPU driver components and framework devoted to instrumentation, GPU job dumping, performance analysis tooling and debugging utilities.
Responsibilities on a day to day level:
- Leading design, implementation and testing of new features.
- Working closely with internal and external teams both on hardware and software development side. This collaboration results in you writing ultra-low overhead code for both the user and kernel space parts of the driver.
- Designing and implementing robust capture and replay complex 3D content framework on future GPU.
- You are writing efficient code for the post-processing analysis framework as well as maintaining the existing codebase and reviewing your colleagues codes.
- Writing and maintaining documentation.
You might find yourself contributing to creating new libraries to consume raw stream and produce easily usable API for multiple instrumentation features. New tooling that supports software teams to be able to flexible visualize their work. Or developing of new framework for 3D content recording and replaying on the newly develop GPU's.
What skills & Experience do you need?
- Excellent C programming language in multi process environment.
- Excellent problem solving & solution design experience. You've worked on requirements analysis, design, implementation, and debugging.
- Ability to express complex ideas to people of all technical abilities. Practical, organized and analytical approach to work.
- Experience of software development for a commercial organization.
- Driver Development experience on either Linux or Android OS.
- Good knowledge of Python language and OOP implementation in Python.
- Experience in C++ programming
- Knowledge of GLES and Vulkan API
- Knowledge of GPU graphic pipeline
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps