We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you interested to join an agile GPU compiler team working on a leading edge mobile GPU ?
We are looking for a skilled and highly motivated Staff Engineer to expand our team supporting the Mali™ mobile IPs. You will be joining a multinational and dynamic compiler group located across UK and Sweden.
We support Graphics (OpenGL/ES, Vulkan) and Compute (OpenCL) APIs and work on improving the GPU technologies that the mobile market will see in years to come. The teams in Lund are responsible for Graphics front- and middle-ends, GPU back-ends and performance analysis.
What will you be accountable for ?
In this role you will contribute directly to our agile methods and practice, but also have line management responsibilities:
- You will support one or more Scrum teams
- You will have the opportunity to make a difference by improving our processes
- As line manager you will set objectives, track progress and support personal development of your reports
For a sneak peek of what it is like to work with us, please have a look at the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqR2F4gpeyc
What skills and experiences do you need ?
- You have contributed to SW development projects as Agile Coach/Scrum Master
- You have experience as team lead
- You have strong people skills, inter-cultural awareness and you embrace diversity
- You are familiar with the constraints of embedded software development
- You have some knowledge of Graphics APIs or processor architectures
- You offer experience, and have aptitude for people management, including managing talent, team building and developing team members
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Compulsory pension plan
- Insurance Package (travel, life, disability, health)
- Holiday, 6 weeks annual leave extending the normal five weeks given by Swedish Holiday Act
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, parental leave, contribution to physical training, team and seasonal social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Lund office is comprised of hardware and software developers working with Media Processing and with LPWAN (Low-Power Wide-Area Network) technology. Media Processing team develops tomorrow’s embedded Mali™ Video and Graphics technology and products while the WBU/LPWAN team develops tomorrow's family of Arm standards-based low-power wireless IP´s named Cordio®-N. The office is located in the vibrant Öresund region in the south of Sweden offering plenty of nature, city life, or natural experiences, alongside with Lund University and a range of tech companies.