We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for highly motivated software enthusiasts to join Arm’s architecture team working on our Media IP - including GPU, Display, and ISP.
What will I be accountable for?
The team is responsible for leading Arm’s Khronos activities, driving requirements on our media-related products, identifying and prototyping new technology, and setting the technical direction for use-cases such as mobile gaming, VR, AR, and whatever comes next.
As a graduate, you will work alongside experienced engineers in this team and will be given tasks related to one of the on-going activities.
Examples of potential project tasks:
- Implement graphics use-cases to understand the performance on our architecture
- Prototype new GPU features in our modelling environment
- Implement improvements to our benchmarking infrastructure
· You should have a good university degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or Computer Science, although other disciplines will be considered with relevant experience.
· Competent C and/or C++ coder including significant extra-curricular programming
- Knowledge of 3D graphics APIs
- A passion for graphics & multimedia that goes beyond your studies
- A creative and structured approach to problem-solving
- Comfortable communicating within a small team
- A desire for learning and self-improvement
- Evidence of open source project interaction or contribution
- Knowledge or experience of some of:
- Operating system kernel or drivers
- Application development
- Display technologies
- Compute APIs
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps