We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About ARM IoT services
Arm IoT Services Group develops Mbed Cloud, a device management service for billions of devices creating new ways to seamlessly engage with technology, and facilitate a more connected and secure world.
About the role:
Join Service Continuity team to be a focal point in providing support for customers and integrating with core engineering. Take a part of establishing a new team that will lead a support for the newest technology solutions at the IoT industry.
We are looking for an experienced software support engineer, with great technical and personal support capabilities, to provide 2nd line technical support to our customers for Cloud solutions.
What will I be accountable for?
- Customer's technical support as part of the 2nd line support team
- Serve as technical advisor and escalation point for 1st line support team
- Diagnose and resolve customer submitted tickets that require in-depth knowledge of the functionality of the product
- Ensure that incidents are resolved in a timely manner to meet defined service level targets
- Reproduce customer issues in test environments when needed
- Work with development team to develop, design and propose solutions to meet technological needs of users
- Learn and remain current in relevant product knowledge, support policies and support delivery
- Document new solutions and workarounds to be published in internal knowledge base
- Develop monitoring tool's alerts to improve service availability
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Experienced in B2B corporate software support
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Be passionate about customers and service, with a strong will to make a difference
- Great problem-solving abilities and excellent communication, customer handling and inter-personal skills
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux and/or Windows operating systems
- Programming skills with knowledge of at least one scripting language (Shell, Python, Perl...)
- Good knowledge in writing APIs and working with variety of RestAPIs
- Must be able to deal direct with clients in a friendly and highly confident manner demonstrating excellent internal and external customer communication skills.
- Understanding at least some of the protocols and technologies such as IPV6, IPV4, HTTP, SSL, LDAP, JDBC, Servlet/JSP, HTML, XML
- Good knowledge of SQL scripting in at least one RDBMS (Oracle, Postgres, MySQL…)
- The ability to work in a dynamic environment, prioritising and multi-tasking effectively
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Statutory Social Benefits:
- Medical, Pension & Maternity
- Work related injury
- Unemployment & Housing fund
- Commercial Benefits:
- Medical, Travel & Life Insurance
- Annual Health Check
- Allowances, Transportation & Meal
- Holiday, 12 days annual leave for the 1st year increasing 2 days every calendar year up to 20 days maximum
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, congratulations, phone bill substitution, benefit club membership, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Shin-Yokohama office has employees from the Sales, Partner Enablement, Marketing, R&D, Finance and IT departments. The office is a short walking distance from Shin-Yokohama station, approximately 30km Southwest of Tokyo, and only a short 20-minute ride on the world famous 'Shinkansen' ("Bullet Train") from Tokyo station.
Shinyokohama Square Bldg. 17F
See on Google maps