We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
The Field Applications Engineer (FAE) is an integral part of Arm Taiwan Sales force, reporting to the Taiwan FAE Manager, and works as a part of World Wide IPG Sales team. The primary responsibility is to provide the technical pre-sales support on Arm IP (Intellectual Property) products to develop and win new licensing in the Taiwan region. In the technical pre-sales role, the FAE works closely with Account Sales Managers and other FAEs to develop and carry out technical pre-sales strategies on the accounts. Acting as a technical product expert, the FAE is also responsible for monitoring and coordinating the post-sales support to the customers with the Applications Engineering team.
It is important that the FAE develops professional relationships with the key engineers, architects, and decision-makers at his/her customers as well as internal resources in the company. It is also important that the FAE can create, report, and execute on key product promotion strategies aimed at growing the business of Arm IP products and within customers.
The FAE will channel partner’s feedback to help define new products or services in Arm. The FAE is expected to maintain a high standard of technical knowledge in relation to our products, services, and competitors.
What will I be accountable for?
- Scope prospected and qualified Arm’s IP opportunities. Develop strategies and processes to increase IP licensing and design wins opportunities.
- Present and demonstrate technical details of the ARM IPs. Remove technical obstacles and provide a path to increase IP licensing and design wins opportunities.
- Provide technical support and consulting in pre-sales opportunities as well as ownership of customer support process in design-in.
- Provide system design expertise and first pass architectural planning for products in early design stages
Critical Success Factors
- Full understanding of customer business and technical development plans.
- Sound personal relationships with key technical decision-makers at customers and a good understanding of commercial relationships.
- Educational background and working experience of Arm Cortex and/or Mali Graphic processors and related support software
- Critical thinking of product positioning against competition and ability to present a strong case in front of customers
- Ability to identify customer requirements and effectively report and articulate such information back to product division and other ARM colleagues
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Six or more years of experience in SoC and/or software design.
- BS Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science. Master degree is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Arm Cortex-A and/or Mali Graphic Processors. Linux kernel and driver experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of RTL design and experience of SoC performance analysis is a plus
- Dynamic, self-starting individual with the ability to excite and instill confidence in customers about latest and previous technology and standards.
- Good presentation skills, able to clearly express technical concepts.
- Previous experience to work with sales or marketing role is a plus.
- FAE or customer interaction experience is a plus.
- Strong desire to grow sales and win business.
- Positive, “can do” attitude.
- Self-motivated, dependable, and prompt.
- Flexible, willing to adapt to changing responsibilities and assignments.
- Good communicator, personable.
- Capable of working as a team player.
- Ethical, honest, and trustworthy.
- Able to work and communicate at a detailed or a high level, as situation requires.
- Willing to travel approximately 30% of time including overseas travel.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Sick Leave, 15 days
- Statutory Social Benefits:
- Pension fund
- Labour & National Health Insurance
- Commercial Benefits:
- Medical & Travel
- Annual Health Check
- Holiday, 21 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, mobile phone purchase, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Hsinchu Design Center is home to engineers primarily supporting the CPU, Physical Design, Partner Enablement and Sales divisions that work closely with key partners MediaTek and TSMC. Hsinchu is located a quick 30 minute bullet train ride away southwest of Taipei and similar to Taipei, the city offers an abundance of delicious and cheap food as well as plenty of outdoor activities.
Arm Taiwan Ltd. HDC Branch
4F., No.5, Gongye E.
7th Rd., East Dist.,
Hsinchu City 300
See on Google maps