We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As an Embedded Software Engineer dedicated to CPU stress verification, you will work on an advanced Random Instruction Sequences (RIS) tool. With a combination of techniques, the tool verifies the functionality of our CPU cores, being designed in Austin (US), Cambridge (UK), Chandler (US) or Sophia Antipolis (FR). The existing team ensures development of the tool, its customization to specific CPU cores, and provides support.
You will be based in Arm’s Sophia Antipolis design centre, located in one of the most beautiful parts of France, at the heart of Europe’s largest and most dynamic technology park. Surrounded by mountains and the Mediterranean Sea, this exceptional design centre has delivered leading products from Arm’s Cortex (TM) processor family.
As Embedded Software Engineer dedicated to CPU stress verification, your role will cover the development of the tool from development to deployment, and accountable for:
- Gathering requirements from the CPU Design and Verification teams;
- Understanding the intricacies of the CPU micro-architecture and defining how to push the test boundaries;
- Architect and develop solutions to improve the generation of stimuli to produce programs to stress our next generation CPUs;
- Implementing and supporting the tool, from the early stages of CPU development to product maturity.
You bring a variety of skills, experience and qualifications:
- You graduated from a University or Engineering School, in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electronic / Electrical Engineering, or other related science
- You hold experience in software design, and should be comfortable working with low-level hardware
- You have good working knowledge of programming languages, such as C and Python
- You are knowledgeable about CPU architecture and micro-architecture concepts
- You are able to understand assembly language (ASM)
- You have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team with the willingness to take on varied technical challenges.
What would give you an edge? Any additional skill among:
- Experience in RTL Verification & Design techniques (Verilog or VHDL)
- Exposure to embedded platforms such as Arduino, Raspberry PI, or similar
- Problem solving mindset
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Sophia Antipolis, France
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
See on Google maps