Arm is a state-of-art company providing high-performance, high-quality, and low-power CPUs and Physical Libraries to world's leading chip and device manufacturers.
The Physical Design Group inside Arm builds Physical IP of various types like Standard Cells, Memory, IO and Analog which are extensively used by thousands of IC designers around the world to design leading-edge chips down to 20nm and below.
A dedicated team of expert engineers in software, methodology and flow development aids this process of building leading-edge chips and Physical IPs. The software team works with a huge pool of accomplished designers to ensure that Arm produces the best products with the best productivity in the industry. We work in collaboration with production teams in building current and future products at lower cost, higher quality, and in a shorter time by developing/improving in-house software tools. The software tools thus designed is key to the success of Arm's physical IPs since they define the entire design flow and IP validation of a physical library.
What will be your primary task ?
As part of internal Application Engineers team, your job will consist in providing local and worldwide support to memory library development teams. You will act as first level support for the memory library validation flow.
You should be able to provide support in the form of workarounds but also to propose long term solutions to the design teams.
You will also help in organizing information and training sessions in order to deploy the latest state of the art methodologies and tools.
In which context are you going to work ?
The role offers a phenomenal opportunity to work at the interface of accomplished software engineers and expert memory design engineers providing great opportunities to learn and contribute in both fields.
You will be participating with them in problem specification, problem-solving, crafting and implementing those designs and solutions.
What will you achieve ?
In charge of enabling production team to reach the highest development quality and delivering as per customer requirements, being a problem solver, you will find demanding and rewarding environment providing opportunities to build strong relationship and teamwork with various teams inside the company.
- be the interface between Design Engineers production team and Software Development team.
- contribute in memory development support, new tools and methodologies deployment and continuous improvement.
- have a global understanding memory design and development in advanced technology (45nm and beyond)
- understand physical verification, memory characterization, FE verification, release procedure and QA flow of the memory compilers
- work with senior members of the team to continually define, improve and develop memory infrastructure and methodologies.
- understand Arm memory development flow and internal software.
- understand project development constraints.