We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This role is an excellent opportunity to work in the field of autonomous vehicle/autonomous driving (AV/AD) system architectures using advanced Arm IP. We are looking for a strong AV/AD software architect with ability to lead technical research and development of an autonomous driving application software.
About the role
Arm is developing a broad portfolio of technologies, suitable for use in the autonomous vehicle/autonomous driving application space. To do this we need talented, innovative and motivated engineers to join our global team. At Arm you will work with the world’s best companies and government organizations as we build sector-leading solutions and products from our IP. We work in small teams, so your contributions will make a difference.
Collaborations will include domain experts in machine learning, computer vision, functional safety, and more. This is an opportunity to build from your experience, yet challenge the status quo and ultimately define the exciting future of autonomous driving.
What will I be accountable for?
This role offers you the chance to lead the software architecture development for AV/AD applications. You will derive software and hardware requirements through teamwork, and create functionally safe software architectures and implementations to meet those requirements, building on Arm's cutting-edge, low-power processors and system IP. Research and implement new algorithms/methods related to sensor fusion, object classification and tracking, path planning and decision-making, and safety/fault management.
What skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
Desired behaviors for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Robotics, ECE, Computer Science, or a related field required
- Master’s or PhD preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Machine Learning, C/C++ and/or Python
- Experience with machine learning approaches to autonomous vehicle perception, planning, and decision making
- Experience with radar-, lidar-, and camera-based sensors systems, sensor fusion, computer vision
- Experience with runtime software environments to support heterogeneous processor systems
- Experience with MATLAB, mathematical modeling, software/hardware co-design
- Experience with software development of automotive autonomous drive systems highly desired
- Experience with safety-critical software development for automotive vehicle, robotics, or related products desirable
- Some international travel may be required
- Strong problem solving skills with aptitude to learn and collaborate
- Strong communication and social skills
Arm is proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our visionary culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and craft extraordinarily. These behaviors are assessed during the recruitment process: We Not I
Passion for Progress
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is critical, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps