We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As a Staff Software Engineer within the ML group you will have responsibilities that cover all areas of the software stack development process.
You will be involved in architecture definition, NN compiler implementation, kernel/user space driver development, real time embedded software development, HW assisted NN operator implementation, generating product deliverables and maintenance/support of products. In the role as staff engineer you are expected to be able to take lead on larger work-packages and to mentor more junior engineers. You will also be working closely with the ML HW teams to achieve optimal system partitioning.
A master’s degree in electronic engineering or computer science is expected, although other science graduates will be considered if they have relevant experience.
- Extensive experience of C/C++ Software development.
- Proven ability to specify, develop, verify and debug complex Software.
- Python experience
- Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively.
- Able to take the lead and work independently.
- Willingness to be learn, be flexible and accept new challenges.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken, are essential.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning / AI fundamentals
- Algorithm design
- Hands-on experience with a compiler framework such as LLVM/GCC
- Low level programming experience, such as C/C++ and assembler.
- Familiar with SoC and HW digital design flows
- Experience in co-designing HW micro-architecture
- Kernel/user space driver development experience
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Compulsory pension plan
- Insurance Package (travel, life, disability, health)
- Holiday, 6 weeks annual leave extending the normal five weeks given by Swedish Holiday Act
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, parental leave, contribution to physical training, team and seasonal social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Lund office is comprised of hardware and software developers working with Media Processing and with Machine Learning technology. The Media Processing team develops tomorrow's embedded Mali™ Video and Graphics technology and products while the Machine Learning Group develops key technologies for the future of computing.
The office is located in the vibrant Öresund region in the south of Sweden offering plenty of nature, city life, or natural experiences, alongside with Lund University and a range of tech companies.