We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you passionate about setting new standards in physical implementation? Are you interested in working for one of the most successful IP design companies in the world? Do you want to take part of designing the next groundbreaking GPU?
This is a rare opportunity for you to become a part of our dedicated GPU group. The GPU group is at the forefront of advanced GPU IP products for the consumer, wireless and automotive infotainment markets. You will join an international team of creative engineers working together to remain on the state of the art of IP and SoC development techniques. This successful team has been central to the development of recent graphics processors.
In this role your mandate will be to influence RTL development whilst innovating, crafting and deploying the latest implementation techniques on live projects. You will provide the quality support that our customers desire and collaborate with them to develop the best products that help influence the world, and you will have the opportunity to drive EDA vendors on leading-edge processes (eg. 7nm FinFET) whilst pushing the boundaries of power efficiency and influencing physical library development.
A wide range of learning opportunities and challenges will be available. You will also give the opportunity, if desired, to travel and work with our other teams.
This opportunity can be based in one of three locations - Cambridge (UK), Trondheim (Norway), Lund (Sweden)
- Physical implementation of Arm graphics processors using the entire implementation flow from RTL to STA
- Pursuing complex challenges like low power and methodologies for improving the efficiency of implementation
- To understand, plan and address the life-cycle phases of engineering projects
- Working with the sales and marketing teams to support the launch of new products
- Supporting our customers and enable them to be successful in the world
- Collaborating with EDA vendors to improve the best in class results from our processors whilst focussing on the ideal user experience
You hold a university degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or other relevant technical discipline.
- Good working knowledge of the entire IC design flow and knowledge of hardware description languages: Verilog or System Verilog
- Shown expertise in one or more of: synthesis, place and route, LEC and STA
- You are proficient in scripting languages such as Tcl, Python and Perl
- An attention to detail and tenacity to chase down problems
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Good analytical skills along with the ability for creative thinking
- An ability to effectively work alone as well as in a team
- A professional and enthusiastic approach to work
- You have experience with low power design techniques (power gating, DVFS etc.)
- You have knowledge of Arm based SoCs
- You have a deep understanding of challenges faced at the nanometre-scale
- You bring relevant experience from the industry
- You have passion and curiosity to grow your expertise
- You have experience in automotive standards including ISO 26262 & ASIL
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Compulsory pension plan
- Insurance Package (travel, life, disability, health)
- Holiday, 6 weeks annual leave extending the normal five weeks given by Swedish Holiday Act
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, parental leave, contribution to physical training, team and seasonal social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Lund office is comprised of hardware and software developers working with Media Processing and with Machine Learning technology. The Media Processing team develops tomorrow's embedded Mali™ Video and Graphics technology and products while the Machine Learning Group develops key technologies for the future of computing.
The office is located in the vibrant Öresund region in the south of Sweden offering plenty of nature, city life, or natural experiences, alongside with Lund University and a range of tech companies.