We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About this role
Arm is the leading designer of the microprocessors, graphics chips, and other hardware and software that power the world’s mobile devices. Arm’s Research division works to create new technologies that Arm will use to keep its products innovative and competitive in the future.
Within Arm Research in Austin, Texas, the Computational Engineering group is using machine learning (ML) and data science (DS) to enhance Arm’s hardware and software engineering capabilities. As a member of this group, you will develop research ideas all the way from data extraction through algorithm development and prototype flow creation. Your work will result in tangible improvements like the reduction of the engineering effort and computing time needed to create Arm’s most advanced products. And you’ll be free to strike your own balance between practical work, publication, and more speculative research, as long as the overall result benefits Arm’s business. Our goal is to help human engineers and ML algorithms work seamlessly together, producing results that neither could achieve alone.
What will I do in this role?
- Build ML applications from the ground up, in partnership with stakeholders such as engineers and managers
- Communicate with stakeholders to understand their problems, devise feasible ML solutions and help evaluate the resulting gains
- Collaborate with production engineers to deploy the results of your research across Arm
- Assess your own work and that of colleagues rigorously and critically to establish and spread ML best practices across Arm
- Find opportunities to present your work outside Arm; learn new techniques and bring that knowledge into Arm
- Engage in academic research and publication, as desired and appropriate
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Master's or Ph.D. in a quantitative or analytical field; no engineering background is required
- Minimum 2 years of research experience working end-to-end on sizable, data-intensive projects
- Experience using Python for data extraction, modeling, and other typical ML/DS activities
- The ability to communicate complex technical ideas and results clearly and persuasively
- The ability to give and receive well-considered and helpful feedback to improve our team’s technical and communication skills
Desired behaviors for this role:
Arm is proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our visionary culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and craft extraordinarily. These behaviors are assessed during the recruitment process:
We Not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it. Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know"
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps