We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the Role
As an Image Specialist Graduate, you will be joining the ISP team within arm. Arm advanced imaging products are used in more than 1.5 billion smartphones and approximately 300 million other consumer/industrial devices including IP cameras, digital stills cameras and tablets. This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious graduate engineers to work in a world-leading team.
Our ISP Algorithms and Image Quality team play a critical role at developing high quality image processing technologies to satisfy the competing demands of high image quality, and efficient low-power hardware implementation.
This is a great opportunity for a willing-to-learn graduate to join the team in 2019 and play a key role in achieving the best image quality in a camera system. You will contribute towards the next generation of imaging systems, for both human viewing and computer vision applications.
Why should you apply?
- You want to work in leading digital imaging and multimedia technology.
- You are interested in image quality produced by our firmware and hardware algorithms used in digital cameras.
- You get to benchmark the very best cameras technologies in the market.
- You get to see tangible results from your work.
- You will have the opportunity to learn from the best engineers working and start a career in a leading imaging and vision technology group.
If you are amazing at Image Quality metrics and image processing techniques or have a keen interest in the principals surrounding this then we would like to hear from you!
What will I be accountable for?
- Organising tests and experiments to achieve the best objective and subjective image quality in digital cameras and display technologies
- Identifying and solving image quality issues by fine-tuning modules of the image signal processor (ISP)
- Tuning, testing, and verification of a camera system (CMOS sensors, ISP, and optics)
- Analyse the capabilities and behaviour of the latest imaging sensors.
- Work with image quality experts to determine requirements for processing.
- Work with image processing experts to design algorithms to process sensor outputs, including such topics as high dynamic range, noise reduction, lens corrections, and colour management.
What skills, qualifications and experience do I need?
- On track to receive a 2.1 (minimum) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electronic Engineering or similar degree subject.
- Familiar with image processing technics and concepts.
- Good mathematical background in areas such as linear algebra and statistical theory.
- Basic understanding of a camera system: CMOS or CCD sensor, ISP and optics
- Experienced with digital photography and/or an enthusiastic photographer familiar with 3A (Auto White Balance, Auto Focus, Auto Exposure).
- Good report writing skills and usage of Windows office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Some experience of programming or writing algorithms in programming languages such as C and MATLAB
About Media Engineering
Media Engineering produces media processing hardware and software products for mobile and embedded devices. Our product portfolio includes GPU, ISP, Display and Video IP and our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping GPU. Now we are entering into a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
In Media Engineering you will work with the world’s best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP alongside the best engineers in the world. We are a global team working across numerous sites and cultures. Your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Please have a look at the following video to see what it's like to work in Media Engineering: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
At Arm, we are proud to have core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions. Our beliefs define how we work together, and how we evaluate you. Here is a preview for you:
We, Not I: Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive. Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for Progress: Difficult things can take unexpected directions; stick with it. The essence of progress is that it can’t stop; grow with it and lead your own progress.
Be Your Brilliant Self: Be quirky not egocentric. Make trust our default position.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we inspire our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps