The Mathematics and Computer Science (MCS) Division at Argonne National Laboratory invites outstanding candidates to apply for multiple postdoctoral positions in the areas of optimization, applied mathematics, statistics, and scientific computing. Several of these positions are connected with the recently awarded DOE project “MACSER: Multifaceted Mathematics for Rare, High Impact Events in Complex Energy and Environment Systems”. The positions will address software/algorithm development and/or theory in areas of interest to the applied mathematics and numerical software group.
Candidates should have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Nonlinear optimization, mixed-integer (linear/nonlinear) optimization, stochastic/robust optimization, and dynamic programming.
- Bilevel programming and mathematical programming with equilibrium constraints.
- Data analysis, applied statistics, sampling, and spectral estimation.
- Parallel algorithms for scientific and high-performance computing.
Also required is considerable knowledge in algorithms and/or software development for numerical optimization.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Good proficiency levels in scientific programming languages (e.g., C, C++) are also highly desired.
- Experience with Julia, parallel computing, large-scale computational science, energy systems and/or environmental applications is a plus.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.