The candidate would be expected to focus on managing large portions of the MPI and OpenMP runtimes being developed at Argonne.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Interacting with application developers and vendors for requirement gathering on features and performance targets
- Interacting with DOE program office for understanding their needs and aligning our goals to match these needs Implementing new features into MPICH and OpenMP
- Optimizing performance in areas critical to DOE applications
- Maintenance and handle requests/reports for users
- Participation and engagement in MPI and OpenMP Forums to help guide the standardization bodies based on Argonne and DOE needs
RD3 Requirements: Bachelor’s and 8+ years;Master’s and 5+ years; or Doctorate and 4+ years; or equivalent.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.