AMETEK Precitech, Inc., located in Keene, New Hampshire, is a world leader in the design and manufacture of ultra precision diamond machining systems used to create the world’s most sophisticated optics. The company is a unit of AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5 billion.
AMETEK Precitech is seeking an experienced, highly motivated, and career minded individual to serve as our Operations Manager at our Keene, New Hampshire location. This position will provide leadership, coaching and direction to the Operations team to include the Machining and Assembly Operations, as well as Facilities. The Operations Manager develops and implements strategies and tactics for both long and short-term goals to achieve the highest standards for safety, quality, order fulfillment and financial metrics. Responsibilities include all aspects of manufacturing at this facility as well as leading safety, environmental compliance, productivity improvements, capital investment decisions and cost improvement initiatives. As a member of the Precitech senior staff, the successful candidate will help develop and drive the strategic plan for the business.
• Principle owner responsible for driving/implementing operational process improvements to support business goals with the emphasis on safety, quality, on time delivery, inventory, and productivity.
• Develop and deploy operational related plans, budgets, policies and procedures.
• Provide leadership, guidance and direction to all production, and facility maintenance employees.
• Develop employees across multiple segments including continuous improvement, lean, safety and adherence to processes and procedures.
• Responsible for determining the need for labor, space, materials and capital equipment, and provide cost analysis and justification.
• Experienced in Lean, Six Sigma and various continuous improvement initiatives with an emphasis on providing sustainable results and a high value of return.
• Responsible for driving engagement of the Operations Team including professional development and team building.
• Perform data analytics to drive strategic action plans for business operations metrics.
• Establishes and maintains a high level of business and personal ethics following company standard operating procedures and ensures everyone operates in a similar manner.
• Maintain professional and effective communication to all levels, stimulating initiatives, innovations, and motivation for continuous improvements.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in an Engineering or other technical area of study.
• Minimum five years of operational management experience in a Lean Manufacturing Environment - procurement, inventory management, or operations, with a solid understanding of ERP systems, manufacturing processes and techniques.
• Demonstrated positive results with Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma / continuous improvement skills.
• Superior leadership skills with the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, presentation skills and demonstrated ability to interface at all levels of the company.
• Demonstrated success in developing high performing teams.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results, make an immediate impact, and manage by fact.
• Knowledge of standard financial processes and budgeting, with solid business acumen.
AMETEK offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program. AMETEK is an Equal Opportunity Employer.