AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5 billion.
AMETEK has 18,000 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations, and a global network of sales, service and support locations in 30 countries around the world.
The AMETEK Growth Model combines its four growth strategies of Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, Global & Market Expansion, and New Product Development, with a disciplined focus on cash generation and capital deployment. By executing the AMETEK Growth Model, the company seeks to generate shareholder value by doubling earnings per share over the course of each business cycle.
AMETEK consists of two operating groups, both with highly differentiated technology and leading positions in niche markets:
Electronic Instruments - a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of advanced analytical, test and measurement instrumentation for the energy, aerospace, power, research, medical and industrial markets.
Electromechanical - a differentiated supplier of automation and precision motion control solutions, and highly engineered electrical interconnects, specialty metals and thermal management systems.
Advanced Measurement Technology (AMT) is comprised of three business entities, ORTEC, Scientific Instruments and Sunpower.
ORTEC is an industry leader in the design and manufacture of ionizing radiation detectors, nuclear instrumentation, analysis software, and integrated systems.
Scientific Instruments is the global leader in the design, manufacture, and support of instrumentation for both the electrochemical and materials communities. Comprised of Princeton Applied Research, Solartron Analytical, and Signal Recovery, AMETEK Scientific Instruments delivers solutions to meet performance and price requirements.
Sunpower Inc. is the world leader in Free-Piston Stirling Technology, in fact we invented it! Sunpower continues to implement Free-Piston Technology in our commercial line of CryoTel® cryocoolers and our non-commercial Stirling engines. product portfolio proudly generates the most-cited research in the world.
The Buyer position is responsible for procurement activities of MRP requirements, electronic components, fabricated parts, and assemblies to support manufacturing of programmable power supplies in a high-mix environment. The Buyer ensures materials are delivered on time and to schedule within the guidelines of company supply chain strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
• Reviews material requirements through MRP forecasts and/or special requirements and initiates commercial action based on current needs analysis and inventory position
• Works closely with the business unit Material Planner(s) to ensure material is ordered within lead time to meet the scheduled requirements as necessary.
• Initiates, enters and reviews purchase order entry in MRP, along with the daily maintenance of filing orders and communicating the orders to the supplier effectively.
• Communicates directly with Operations and Supply Chain management to identify opportunities to continuously improve current purchase component inventory position and reduce costs through various ordering practices.
• Key driver of the procurement process and responsible for adjustments to order quantities with input from the Master Scheduler. Communicates opportunities for action to the Purchasing Manager. Responsible for continuous improvement actions associated with developing, expanding and maintaining an effective supply chain procurement process.
• Regularly reviews open orders with regards to changes in demand and inventory position, reschedules/cancels orders accordingly and corrects open purchase orders to update necessary changes.
• Regularly reviews, maintains, and generates blanket orders with approved suppliers ensuring a steady supply of products.
• Assists in maintaining supplier metrics for quality, delivery and pricing volatility. Escalates supplier issues to gain support from the Quality Manager and Purchasing Manager when appropriate.
• Assists internal customers in providing cost and delivery information, obtaining samples, recommending products and/or substitutes, as well as short and longer term planning information based on supplier experience and job knowledge.
• Prepares reports and assists in special projects as required by the Purchasing Manager. Assists the purchasing team in identifying opportunities that support continuous improvement initiatives and departmental goals.
• Maintains necessary information and files to enable efficient operation.
• Awards and prepares purchase orders and/or blanket contracts for capital equipment, inventory and non-inventory items.
• Utilizes Approved Supplier List when ordering direct materials used in the production of saleable products.
• Completes NIF’s as needed for the New Product Development process. Maintains appropriate Oracle settings to facilitate proper launch of new products.