Summary of Position
Accountable for the stable and efficient operation of the SMP’s Business System environment. Operates as a business partner to the BU Manager. Will anticipate and recommend opportunities where Information Technology (IT) can advance the capabilities of, and be utilized to provide a competitive advantage for, the business. Will develop and execute a strategic IT plan for the BU within the context of the overall business strategy.
BS Computer Science or Engineering or related discipline with an IT focus. An advanced degree or MBA is a plus. Ten (10) years of proven IT leadership, including global experience in engineering centered, product development organization. A successful IT business leader who understands and leads the application of IT Technology to drive real business value. A proven track record of exceptional IT build, delivery, and support experience. Strong business and financial acumen. Experiencing working for a publicly traded company with a drive to consistently lower costs while improving performance.
Solid understanding of businesses operations. Can actively and productively engage in conversations with all elements of the business. The proven skill to develop and execute strategic and tactical IT plans. Success in managing an IT organization including budgeting, hiring, developing, and positioning resources to support the business and IT function. Excellent communication and critical thinking skills. Experience in a Six Sigma / LEAN Manufacturing environment. The ability to anticipate and manage cultural and technological changes within the organization and the corresponding action plans. Forward thinking with an ongoing understanding of technology developments and trends and their business impact. Experience of successful ERP implementation is required. Position typically requires 20% travel but could be as much as 50% during project implementations and associated activities.
Personal Qualities and Attributes
Thrives in a lean, autonomous meritocracy; This position will combine strategic work with tactical hands-on activities, so that the successful candidate must be willing to roll up sleeves and engage;
Takes a high degree of personal responsibility; Places team achievement ahead of personal gain; Is confident, but never pretentious; Unquestioned ethics and respect for individual dignity; The stature, maturity and gravitas to deal effectively with senior level customer executives; An energetic, self-starter; genuinely enthusiastic; strong personal work ethic; A builder of good relationships across the organization and with customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage all elements of the SMP BU information technology and business systems. Must operate with credibility as an effective developer and implementer of IT and business systems solutions to anticipate and address business challenges.
2. Coach, lead and counsel members of the BU IT team to achieve business objectives and to support individual employee development. Exercise the customary role of a manager to include but not be limited to work quality, work volume, work assignment, communications, positive reinforcement, performance review, performance management, wage and salary administration, safety, equal employment opportunity and, if needed, discipline.
3. Work with the SMP BU Management Team to develop and execute the IT strategy including identifying the appropriate use of IT to improve the capabilities and performance of the BU.
1. Ensure the SMP BU has stable and efficient business system and communications environment. Drive regular IT audits and risk assessments assess to increase the effectiveness of all IT and Business Systems and, where prudent, reduce cost.
2. Lead the IT due diligence activities for acquisitions and drive the post acquisition integration execution and delivery.
3. Develop and maintain a high performance Business Systems and Information Technology Team.
4. Provide business analytics in support of the business growth strategies.
5. Participate in the development of AMETEK Standards and Policies related to IT and Business Systems.
6. Provide leadership with Sarbanes Oxley compliance standards.
Reports to: SMP DVP BU Controller
Direct reports: BU IT Staff
Indirect reports: None
1. Project management
2. Proven success at ERP implementation and support
3. Dynamics NAV and CRM experience is a plus
4. Must be system agnostic, with experience supporting a multitude of systems
5. VOIP phone systems experience
6. SQL Server, Windows Server, VMware, HyperV, O365, Active Directory
7. Networking and infrastructure knowledge
8. Budget and vendor management
9. Working knowledge of Cybersecurity
10. CMMC experience is a plus
11. Experience working in a matrixed environment