TMC (Technical Manufacturing Corporation) is a worldwide leader in active floor vibration cancellation and magnetic field cancellation technology. Our product lines enable cutting edge research at major research centers globally including OEM and end-user semiconductor manufacturers, university research laboratories, life science companies, and nanotechnology labs. TMC is a unit of AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electro-mechanical devices with annualized sales over $5 billion.
We are actively seeking a qualified candidate to fill the role of US Field Application Engineer. Working in the TMC Service Team, the Field Application Engineer, reporting to the Global Service Manager, will be responsible for ensuring a successful and positive customer experience from order commitment through product delivery, installation, and certification.
The position requires organization and focus to meet the demands of customers from many different disciplines with varying applications and daily deadlines in a fast-paced high-tech environment. To succeed, one must possess strong interpersonal skills with a professional approach to the job. The position also requires strong technical problem-solving skills, drawing on an engineering degree to work independently as well as with team members to coordinate high profile/high visibility installations of TMC’s high-end solutions while managing demanding customer expectations, adapting to changes in scope and schedule, and interfacing with all stake holders.
This role is responsible for handling all aspects of service support including communications between customers and our TMC sales and service departments and producing detailed written reports and documentation. Our ideal candidate must be able to work independently, hold strong customer service values, and think critically to resolve technical issues.
• Perform Environmental Surveys including floor vibration measurements, room magnetic field measurements and acoustic measurements at customer sites and prepare detailed technical reports
• Provide timely and professional responses to customers, both domestic and international, with technical and logistical information related to TMC products
• Maintain and develop positive client relationships
• Lead pre-installation conference calls, guiding stake holders throughout the planning and execution of large and significant installations
• Develop and expand the current survey capabilities to better suit customer needs
• Travel to customer sites for site walk-throughs as well as project overview and kick-off meetings
• Support new product installations and provide service on existing products. Training will be provided on our product lines, including Stacis III, Stacis iX, Mag-NetX, PEPS II, Everstill and micro-G
• Travel worldwide to perform duties. Most travel will be in North America with the potential for occasional travel to Europe, Asia, and south/central America
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
• 3-5 Years of experience in related field (electrical, mechanical, acoustics, vibration, and/or magnetic fields)
• Familiarity with data acquisition systems, FFT analysis and oscilloscopes
• Strong electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic aptitude and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to travel, work independently and be flexible regarding changes in schedule
• The ability to perform under critical deadlines and time constraints
• Self-motivated and an effective team player
• Effective communication skills, both orally and written, with technical and non-technical individuals
• Proficiency in English
• Ability to stand, bend, and reach with both hands as necessary, and capable of lifting to 75 lbs.
• Ability to bend, squat, crawl, reach and maneuver in tight spaces
• Expected travel 60%
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.