AMETEK Specialty Metal Products (SMP) is a business unit of AMETEK, Inc. a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5 billion. AMETEK has 18,000 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations, and a global network of sales, service, and support locations in 30 countries around the world.
The Specialty Metal Products business unit includes five successful businesses with operating facilities in the United States and the United Kingdom. With a strong focus on safety throughout, these growing businesses are proven experts in the manufacture high purity metal products for a wide range of critical applications. Products include high precision tubes, precision metal strip, ultra-thin foil, shaped wire and components, thermal management products as well as water atomized metal powders and clad plate.
These are supplied to a range of specialist industries including Medical, Aerospace, Defense, Energy, Electronics, Automotive, Oil and Gas and Industrial.
The SMP internship program focuses on identifying “Future Leaders of SMP”. These Future Leaders will learn and will contribute to the success of SMP’s plants. They will be given meaningful assignments and expected to deliver results. They will attend meetings where real world business problems are evaluated and solved. At the end of their assignments, SMP’s Future Leaders will understand the bright career that awaits Future Leaders within AMETEK.
Examples of assignments include but are not limited to:
• Receiving training on best in class safety behaviors
• Supporting the introduction of a new product or process
• Supervising hourly plant employees
• Assisting in monthly financial closing and variance analysis
• Participating in continuous improvement events
• Analyzing quality data and presenting the results
• Operating manufacturing or lab equipment
• Writing a request for capital funds
• Meeting with vendors and contractors
• Regular collaboration with successful business leaders
• On track to graduate within two years with a bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an engineering, operations management or accounting discipline from an accredited college or university
• Has held positions of leadership in school, work or community organizations
• Willingness to learn and to deliver results
• Holds themselves to a high standard of achievement
• Strong desire to be developed and to be challenged
• Shows a sense of urgency
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.