At AMETEK Process Instruments, we focus our experience on designing new, innovative analyzers that help our customers achieve higher levels of productivity and quality. We do this by seeking out ways to overcome the limitations of current methods of process monitoring, control, and quality assurance. It is through this focus that we have created some of the most reliable and accurate technologies in the world. The Process Instruments Engineering Manager plays a critical part in this process by exceeding customer expectations with new and innovative solutions through a world class engineering organization.
The Engineering Manager oversees all aspects of engineering at PI through four Engineering sub-teams organized across 3 global manufacturing sites:
• New Product Development – Working collaboratively with other departments (Marketing, Sales, Operations, Quality, Finance, Service) within an ISO 9001 and ATEX compliant stage-gate process to deliver products and services on time, on budget, and meeting all requirements.
• Engineering Services – Supporting legacy products and critical processes in Operations. This team is responsible for maintaining production viability (addressing supply chain issues and manufacturing engineering needs) for all products, as well as maintaining document control standards across PI.
• Custom Projects – Project engineering and management for value-added customer solutions. Maintain best practices across PI for delivering projects on time, meeting requirements and margin expectations.
• Compliance – Attaining and maintaining product certifications/listings, as well as homologation requirements for a worldwide business. Working with Marketing and Sales on product certification roadmaps within the constantly changing compliance landscape.
• Strong leadership, organization, teaming, and collaboration skills are a must. Engineering is a pivotal function within PI that must drive improvements in products, services, and processes to meet/exceed customer expectations and grow the business.
• Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering (e.g. Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Software, etc.) - advanced degree in engineering or business management preferred.
• At least 10 years of experience working in an engineering/product development environment, as well as 5 years minimum managing technical staff (engineers, technicians, draftspersons, etc.) and engineering projects.
• Experience in the process control and automation industry, specifically in refining, gas processing, petrochemicals, power, etc. with regards to analytical instrumentation / analyzers and their related technologies
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and establish a culture of innovation and collaboration.
• Reasoning Ability: Critical thinking, data-supported decisions
• Demonstrated success managing projects - PMP certification is a plus.
• Experience in Design for Six Sigma/Lean/Kaizen preferred.
• Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills (English). Good presentation skills (superiors, reports, peers, clients).
• Excellent group presentation skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Must exhibit a friendly and cooperative demeanor
• Maintains a high degree of personal integrity at all times
• Ability to attract the support and cooperation of others, team player
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.