Superior Tube Company in Collegeville, PA has an exciting opportunity to join a global supplier of high-performance alloy precision tubular products with customers from a diverse range of markets including the Aerospace, Energy, Oil & Gas, and Medical markets.
The plant manufactures highly engineered and produced-to-order tubes across hundreds of pieces of metal working and annealing equipment. The Quality Assurance and Systems Manager is the perfect position for a motivated, hands-on quality professional with an interest in expanding their career. This position reports to the Manager, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Assurance and will work closely with Operations, Engineering, Product Development and Customer Service teams in the development and deployment of effective quality assurance strategies and programs.
This technical position is responsible for leading the Quality Systems Strategy for the site through the creation and adherence of quality standards, developing a team of high performing quality and inspection professionals, and implementing process improvement programs supported to achieve overall plant quality objectives. The person in this position will also represent QA/QC management to all STC stakeholders (internal, external third party, supplier/vendor, and customers) related to certification processes and audits. The position will also be responsible for leading data driven quality improvement initiatives (defect reduction, COPQ, yield improvement) and achieving those objectives.
• Lead and support team members to achieve an injury free work-place.
• Establish and execute the quality assurance strategy for the Superior Tube site
• Manages compliance to quality and procedural requirements for new and existing products.
• Maintains quality programs in good standing with customer and registrar requirements
• Drives quality improvement efforts through the establishment of an effective Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) measurement and reduction program focused on improving first time manufacturing success, problem solving, and sustainable reduction of quality costs year over year.
• Manages quality assurance plans by conducting risk analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures; monitoring inventories
• Create and execute a robust quality onboarding and orientation for new hires
• Maintains and improves product quality standards through the preparation and execution of audit processes including Internal, Regulatory, Customer, and Registrar surveillance audits;
• Interface and represent STC with stakeholders enabling them to recognize that STC systems and people will meet or exceed their requirements
• Develop and maintain quality documents including work instructions, process guides, and specifications for material requirements
• Position requires a 4-year Engineering or technical degree, MS preferred
• 5-7 years of manufacturing experience preferred with 3-5 years of demonstrated quality systems and quality improvement management experience.
• Experience in metallurgy or metals fabrication is highly desired.
• Motivated goal-oriented leader with proven track record of leading teams to the achievement of process and quality improvement objectives, and sustained change management initiatives.
• In-depth knowledge and experience managing multiple quality management systems is required
• Knowledge of AS9100 is required
• Working knowledge of NADCAP and NQA a plus.
• Intelligent and curious, with a highly analytical and data driven approach to problem solving and prioritization.
• Knowledge of Statistical Process Control
• Experience in metrology and calibration management
• Experience in continuous improvement programs: Six Sigma (Green-Belt or Black-Belt ) or equivalent knowledge and experience with quality tools: Process Mapping, FMEA, CE Diagrams, SPC and other statistical methods, Gage R&R, DOE, Project Planning & Management.
• Hands-on problem solver with restlessness for the status quo
• Computer literacy in Excel, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Database management, etc.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, customers, suppliers and third-party representatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.