AMETEK Aerospace and Defense is seeking a Field Support Engineer to join our Power & Data Systems business unit. This position provides field support on technical issues for our customers ensuring optimal compliance with product support requirements. This position requires a technical background to provide basic troubleshooting for aftermarket technical issues and to provide the technical link between design engineering and the aircraft operator or repair center for more complex issues. This position also has responsibility for development of aftermarket customer quotes, reactivation of legacy product for sale, and customer satisfaction for field support activities.
• Interface with aircraft operators or customer support organizations to resolve field support issues – either directly solve issues or bring design engineering in to resolve larger issues
• Utilize product manuals, engineering drawings, and technical bulletins to aid in solution.
• Participate in the planning and development of strategies for effective field support.
• Provide technical assistance to support maintenance or installations and/or help troubleshoot issues in the field, primarily through telephone or email communication.
• Coordinate problem resolution with engineering, customer service and other personnel to enhance or correct design, and/or expedite repairs.
• Provide a communication link between the company and the aftermarket to help ensure an effective level of field support.
• Analyze technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service and maintenance processes and recommends modifications to eliminate future problems. This includes working closely with Binghamton Service Center
• Performs feasibility analyses for the reactivation of product; identifies and resolves obsolescence, tooling, and manufacturing issues; and releases designs to production.
• Timely development of pricing quotations for support of Commercial and Military aftermarket sales and key customers for development of specialized solutions to improve current products. This may require implementing product design documentation changes to support the sales potential.
• Other duties may be assigned based on business needs such as conducting product support reviews, signoffs of Engineering Change Notices and doing special monthly reports for Key Customers.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years of design engineering experience working with instrumentation, PCB’s, power supplies, motors, or generators
• Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, including EXCEL and PowerPoint
• Knowledge and understanding of aerospace avionics or electromechanical systems is strongly preferred
• Aftermarket and direct customer support experience in Aerospace Industry is a plus
• Demonstrated experience communicating effectively with both internal and external customers
• Ability to clearly communicate at a technical level and to adjust methods and approach depending on the situation
• Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting technical issues with high attention to details
• Good time management, prioritization and follow up skills
• Good Teamwork skills
Physical requirements must be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.