AMETEK Specialty Metal Products (SMP) Wallingford is a US-based pioneer in the manufacturer of High Purity Metal Strip, Specialty Shaped Wire, Engineered Shaped Components and Thermal Management Materials. With more than 50 years of experience, AMETEK SMP Wallingford has numerous patents in technically advanced metallurgical materials and is a global leader in High Purity Materials via Wrought Powder Metallurgy.
With safety as the number one priority, AMETEK is seeking a Maintenance Technician at their Wallingford, CT plant to ensure safe, reliable operations by performing preventative maintenance and repair on production equipment.
• Assist with continuous improvement and special equipment projects.
• Perform diagnostics, troubleshooting, & repair of equipment.
• Assist in maintaining technical documentation, parts inventory and managing critical vendors and contractors.
• Follow all company and OSHA safety policies & procedures.
• Create or repair parts by fabricating & welding equipment as needed
• Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; and participating in RCA/ BDA.
• Demonstrate methodical approach to troubleshooting and good analytical skills
• Ability to read and understand blue prints, electrical schematics and piping diagrams
• Possess a basic to advanced degree of proficiency in the following areas: mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, & pneumatic systems
• Computer proficiency
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.