• Primarily responsible for customer service activities associated with modifying, troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing of the equipment with vacuum (ex. Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry)
• Represents CAMECA / AMETEK to the customer and assumes accountability for customer satisfaction with service.
• Assures operational quality of system equipment.
• Coordinates actions with customers.
• Provides assistance to Installation and Relocation Engineers in resolving problems.
• Assists sales personnel to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Perform installation of Cameca systems:
o Site inspections prior to installation
o Factory and field acceptance tests
o Training of users
• Provide ongoing support for the instrument as
o Preventive maintenance visits
o Technical support
o Rapid response to problems in the field
• Up to 60% travel (primarily domestic)
• Develop and maintain positive relations between the customer and the organization.
• Drive continuous improvement of the quality and efficiency of the service department. Identify opportunities for product development or need for new products.
• Collect feedback from the users on the instrument operation and report to the HQ.
• Liaise with CAMECA application lab and understand the new direction of application trends, and then interpret them to the sales team as well as to the customers.
Skill and Attributes
• Strong mechanical and electronics assembly skills. Ability to work with complex, delicate components. Ability to read and interpreter engineering diagrams and to follow standard operating procedures. Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Professional appearance and behavior. Strong interpersonal skills. High energy person with a positive attitude. Self-starter and finisher. Ability to work under pressure in changing environments
• Familiar with the following
o Vacuum systems: turbomolecular pumps, ion pumps, ion vacuum gauges, cryo-pumps, etc.
o High speed electronics: basics electronics skills including familiarity with diagnostic tools such as oscilloscopes, TDRs, Multimeters, etc.
o Laser: optical components (photo diodes, mirrors, lenses, beam samplers), relevant tools (beam profilers, spectrum analyzers, power meters, etc.) and a basic understanding of laser safety practices
o Electrical and electromechanical systems: high voltage (cabling, breakdown, safety, etc.) power distribution, uninterruptible power supplies, pneumatic solenoids, transducers, motors
o Computers: networking, administrative hardware and software tasks, word processing (technical document writing, spreadsheet, database entry, etc.)
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Associates degree or higher in electronics or related field is preferred (military electronics training and/or years of experience may be considered in place of degree)
• Minimum 8 years of experience working with complex electro- mechanical/ High vacuum systems (e.g. SEM, TEM, semiconductor fab tools, etc.)
• Interpersonal and good communication skill
• Fluent English