To test a variety of assemblies and sub-assemblies of printed circuit boards using various test measurement equipment and automated test systems. Perform basic to intermediate level troubleshooting on digital and analog circuitry to component level. Read schematics and engineering drawing.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
• Work under close supervision on set-up, testing, calibrating, and troubleshooting various PCB assemblies.
• Use manual/automated test system to record test results using ATP (Acceptance Test Procedures).
• Perform basic to intermediate level troubleshooting to isolate and determine the root cause on a digital and analog circuitry.
• Perform basic fixtures/machine maintenance and daily housekeeping.
• Keeps work area neat and orderly, 6S.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Observes all safety rules and policies.
• Knowledge of AMETEK workmanship standards.
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Technical Acumen
• Attention to Detail
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
• 1-3 years experience in a related field
• Understanding theory of digital and analog circuitry.
• Use of test equipment (DMM, DVM, Distortion Analyzer, O’Scope, etc.)
• Resistor color code, component recognition and basic math.
• Read engineering drawings, BOMs (Bill of Materials), and schematics.
• English, oral, reading and writing.
• Basic Computer skills
• Ability to troubleshoot to component level.
• In depth understanding and theory of digital and analog circuitry.
High school diploma; Electronic Technician Certificate; AS Degree in Electronic Engineering
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; bend; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift equipment, test equipment and supplies, up to 35 pounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.