We invite you to come join us at our beautiful location in San Luis Obispo. Your talent would be a great addition to our wonderful, state-of-the-art facility. Come and enjoy the benefits of a large company in a small family-like atmosphere.
Crystal Engineering Corp., a part of AMETEK, Inc., is located in San Luis Obispo, CA. Boasting an active downtown area and a top engineering university, San Luis Obispo has been named the happiest city in America. Close to the beach and easy outdoor activities, as well as numerous wineries, SLO as the locals know it, is an ideal place to work and live.
Part of AMETEK’s Measurement, Communication & Testing Division, the Sensors, Test and Calibration Business Unit is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and developers of calibration instruments for temperature, pressure and process signals, and temperature sensors. Crystal Engineering is our Center of Excellence for pressure measurements and calibration.
The successful candidate will provide design, development, test and evaluation of products that meet the cost, performance and project schedule requirements as defined by the needs of the site and management guidance.
In the Firmware/Electrical Engineer role, you will be responsible for:
• Developing low and high-level firmware and electronic designs for new products and maintaining and improving existing products
• Conceiving and refining algorithms, firmware, and instrumentation to support our test and calibration laboratory
• Supporting system verification and validation throughout the development process and into production
• Meeting the performance, cost and schedule requirements as defined by the project team and the company goals
• Working knowledge of C, C++, and scripting languages used in firmware tool chains
• Working knowledge of ARM based microcontrollers
• Working knowledge of source control systems such as Git
• Capable of initial bring up and test of new printed circuit boards
• Capable of documenting and troubleshooting firmware to support products and calibration systems
• Comfortable with electronic circuit design preferably using Altium Designer and provide design guidance to team for PCB layout
• Product design review for sound engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements, and technical compliance requirements
• Interact effectively with management, engineering staff, floor personnel and cross-functional team members to implement plans and recommendations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a related industry
• Low-level embedded software development using modern languages, tools and techniques
• Component level electronic circuit design including microcontroller based, analog, digital, in battery and AC mains powered systems
• Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, analytical skills with attention to detail
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal. Individuals must have the ability to prepare, present and discuss project related plans, requirements, test results, etc. in a team-based work environment.
• Intermittent travel may be required.
Come and enjoy the benefits of a large, international company in a small, family-like atmosphere.
Our colleagues enjoy:
• A competitive salary
• Immediate vesting in our 401k plan
• Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plan options, starting the first day of the month following your date of hire
• Up to $10,000 per year for tuition reimbursement
If you share in our core belief of “Quality without Compromise”, we want to talk to you. Apply today!