AMETEK is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with sales of approximately $5.0 billion. AMETEK's growth model is based on four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, Global & Market Expansion and New Products. AMETEK's objective is double-digit percentage growth in earnings per share over the business cycle and a superior return on total capital.
The Western Regional Sales Manager, reporting to the Sales Director for Direct Sales, is responsible for driving revenue growth in his/her region by:
- Strategically deploying sales, marketing, engineering, aftermarket, and support resources to potential and existing customers and key accounts.
- Driving distribution channels in maximizing company exposure in the marketplace, while identifying and engaging with potential new channels.
- Acquiring and developing broad, long-term sales and support relations with key customer accounts in strategic market segments.
- Providing feedback to relevant parties in the company on market sentiment, direction and acceptance of our solutions.
- Developing and executing strategies in his/her region to enable long-term, high-margin revenue growth.
- Opportunity status update into Spectro CRM system with timely manner.
- Forecast annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams through Salesforce.
- Additional duties as required by business conditions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Deliver sustained revenue growth year over year (Strategic). Measured outcomes include:
- Close on instrument sales at or in excess of the annual target assigned at the beginning of the Fiscal Year.
- Increase the number of quotations issued quarter-on-quarter through appropriate lead generation and follow-up, account visits, trade show participation, cold calls and traditional marketing campaigns.
- Provide accurate monthly and quarterly forecasts in a timely manner, highlighting risk to achieving target and measures needed to mitigate such risk.
- Increase company’s marketing effectiveness by feeding back market trends, competitive data, and customer impression to the marketing team.
- Identify gaps in our solution offerings which stand in the way of achieving annual targets; communicate these gaps back to the appropriate teams responsible for execution.
- Update opportunities funnel status in Salesforce in a timely manner
- Generate weekly sales activity and monthly pipeline status report in a timely manner
- Perform product demo to customer and develop best solution for customer application
Deliver sustained revenue growth year over year (Tactical). Measured outcomes include:
- Maintain and document a healthy, balanced sales funnel using appropriate CRM software package (Salesforce.com).
- Follow lead up which is generated by marketing activities and update status into CRM system.
- B.S. / M.S. degree in engineering or a physical science
- A minimum of five years instrument sales experience
- Ability to travel at least 50% both domestic and international.
- Location in the Western US with access to a major regional/international airport.
- Ideal candidate will have at least two years’ experience managing and training a representative or distribution channel.
- Selling into the industrial markets (oil & gas, refinery, mining pulp & paper, municipalities)
- Capital analytical equipment sales
- Salesforce CRM software experience preferred.
- High degree of integrity/honesty
- Excellent presentation skills
- Holds people accountable
- Builds relationships
- Proactive/takes initiative
- Very strong analytical skills
- Sets high standards
- Territory management, performance management
- Strategic thinker
- Strategic Sales planning
- Excellent communicator
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.