Gatan, Inc. is the world's leading manufacturer of instrumentation and software used to enhance and extend the operation and performance of electron microscopes. The Gatan name is recognized and respected throughout the worldwide scientific community and has been synonymous with high quality products and the industry's leading technology.
The Field Service Engineer - China is responsible for on-site repair or services of Gatan's full product range. This position requires up to 80% travel.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• On-site customer installation, service support, limited telephone support, hardware and software configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance support for Gatan products.
• Ensure repaired systems meet operating specifications, documenting service performed.
• Propose design enhancements and improvements.
• Read and interpret schematics and electrical diagrams through to the component level.
• Isolate the system fault at the component level for electronic, vacuum, and mechanical systems and repair.
• Document work performed in a service report.
• Complete billing or warranty documentation as needed.
• Must be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision in an isolated environment.
• Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and innovation with strong client service attitude.
• Ability to work on complex learning and development problems as well as teach highly technical information is essential.
• Ability to interface with people at all levels.
• Good oral and written skills in English and Chinese Mandarin
• Ability to frequently travel, mainly in China region, with some international travel
• Bachelor’s degree , with minimum 4 or 5 years relevant working experience. Or master and PhD graduate
• Major in Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mechanics Engineering, Automation or Physics
• Experienced service technician of complex lab equipment and systems, i.e. electron microscopes (TEM/SEM), sample preparation equipment, semiconductor equipment, medical or other similar scientific instrumentation.