The Customer Service Representative interacts with customers, operations and the sales team to provide the best possible service to customers of the Electronic Interconnects and Packaging (EIP) BU. This position will manage customer accounts including proposals and order transactions. The successful applicant should be a self-motivated individual who is excited to be an integral part of a growing organization.
1. Prepare supporting documentation and provide quotations to prospects and customers.
2. Coordinate the follow-up of quotations directly with customers or colleagues in the sales team through telephone or written communications.
3. Process purchase orders, Long Term Agreements (LTAs) and order amendments.
4. Communicate with sales managers, manufacturer’s representatives and with other company departments in pursuit of excellent customer service.
5. Maintain records in compliance with company requirements
1. Expertise and accuracy in computer data entry
2. Professional written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
3. Ability to work within tight time frames and simultaneous manage several projects in support of customer and business needs.
4. Highly developed personal organization and time management skills.
5. Ability to work under pressure in an environment of changing priorities
6. Ability to deal with conflict in a professional and constructive manner.
7. Ability to participate in group meetings
8. Intermediate to advanced computer skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and ERP or MRP systems.
Employee must maintain a clean, uncluttered and safe work environment observing and practicing high standards of health and safety. This includes wearing appropriate attire, such as protective safety glasses, appropriate closed-toed shoes and any other safety required gear where applicable.
Associates Degree (preferred) or a combination of high school diploma and 5 years of experience in industrial business-to-business inside sales or customer service environment.
Plant: Manufacturing plant environment with moderate noise level. PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses, gloves (multiple types, detailed in JSA) and hearing protection may be required. Personal attire standards apply.
Physical Demands: Must be capable of walking, standing and sitting for extended periods of time and occasionally lift up to 10 lbs. in weight.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to identify the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification, as well as certain essential job functions. It is not intended, or should not be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for this job. To qualify for this job, however, an employee must be able to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodations. Under no circumstances may this job description be construed as altering the at-will nature of the employment relationship between Ametek (Sealtron) and the employee.
Sealtron/Ametek is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.