AMETEK (www.ametek.com) is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annualized sales of more than $3.6 billion. The Company has approximately 15,000 employees at over 120 manufacturing locations and 100 sales and service operations in the United States and more than 30 other countries worldwide. The company is a New York Stock Exchange company (symbol: AME) and has been listed since 1930.
AMETEK’s Corporate Growth Plan is founded on four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions & Alliances, Global & Market Expansion, and New Product Development. Its objectives are double-digit annual percentage growth in earnings per share and a superior return on total capital.
AMETEK consists of two operating groups:
• Electronic Instruments - a leading manufacturer of advanced monitoring, testing, calibrating, and display instruments for the process, aerospace, power and industrial markets worldwide.
• Electromechanical – a differentiated supplier of electrical inter connects, technical motors and systems, and electric motors for floor care and other specialty applications.
Amptek Business Unit
Amptek is a high technology company and a recognized world leader in the design and manufacture of state-of-the-art nuclear instrumentation for the satellite, x-ray and gamma ray detection, laboratory, analytical, and portable instrumentation industries.
Amptek is looking for a strong Hybrid Manufacturing Engineer to work in our Bedford, MA facility. Candidate must be a self-starter and able to work in an aggressive, fast-paced, and flexible environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design, develop, and troubleshoot complex hybrid circuits, using a multidisciplinary approach - this will involve broad engineering expertise; including mechanical, electrical, systems, and process design.
• Investigate and effectively resolve critical production issues
• Maintain the hybrid manufacturing equipment such as wire bonders, welders etc.a
• Interface with customer and supplier quality and engineering contacts
• Participate on Root Cause / Corrective Action teams to address critical quality, design, and process issues
• Compile and evaluate test data, prepare technical analysis, develop and release manufacturing methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products/processes.
• Able to work collaboratively with technicians
• Support component level, sub-system and system level sourcing and testing for performance, reliability and durability.
• 5 – 10 Hybrid electronics manufacturing experience required with hybrid assembly processes such as die mounting, wire bonding, and hermetic sealing is required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology is required. Additional Training & Certifications in manufacturing related operations are a plus.
• Proficient knowledge of MIL-STD-883
• Direct experience with the design and fabrication of fixtures and tooling using CAD software (AutoCAD inventor preferred but not required)
•Direct experience with planning assembly operations and writing shop floor Routings and work instructions
• Ability to effectively communicate technical information to internal customers
• Prior experience with soldering, welding, and other electro-mechanical assembly operations.
• Ability to design and set-up electrical and mechanical test fixtures for testing.
• Ability to read and design electrical schematics.
• 3 - 5 years of experience in MEMs or Semiconductor clean room environment
• Experience with the selection and validation of equipment for the manufacture and test of hybrid assemblies.